Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I remember watching BotsMaster it tried to do some kind of stereographic 3d thing with the animation sometimes. Ziv Zoolander. ZZ for short. 

Just watched episodes 6 and 7 of Primal and I'm a little bit scared of what Tartakovsky said in that SyFy article. If episode 10 is going to be shocking and emotional after everything I've seen in the last 7, fucking hell.

Such a good show though. Almost definitely his best work and I say that as someone who loves Samurai Jack.

On a lighter note, the concluding volume of Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts just launched on Netflix. Have loved it so far, so it should be really interesting.

• Moderators

I've been meaning to check that out for a while because it's JG Quintel. Nice to see he's stuck to the short episode format. Given how serialised Regular Show became towards the end I expected this to have a different feel and episode length, but it sounds like that wasn't the case.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

On 10/14/2020 at 9:13 AM, LSM said:

Not sure if it's been posted before but a trailer for the new Animaniacs has recently gone up. 

Has to be watched. Surely a U.K. broadcaster/streaming service will pick this up.

• Paid Members
On 10/13/2020 at 11:17 PM, BrodyGraham said:

Just watched episodes 6 and 7 of Primal and I'm a little bit scared of what Tartakovsky said in that SyFy article. If episode 10 is going to be shocking and emotional after everything I've seen in the last 7, fucking hell.

Such a good show though. Almost definitely his best work and I say that as someone who loves Samurai Jack.

On a lighter note, the concluding volume of Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts just launched on Netflix. Have loved it so far, so it should be really interesting.

Just watched what I believe is the latest episode this morning.  It's the one with the mind control tribe. This one is up there with the Mammoth one as an episode that takes you on a rollercoaster of emotions. Just a stellar show.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Paid Members

Mark Hamill is a really good choice to play Skeletor. It looks pretty cool. I'll probably give it a look. There's a YouTube channel/network that has a lot of the old He-Man and She-Ra episodes on there. I wonder whether they'd try and reinvent She-Ra again in this style, or tie this show into the Princesses Of Power Netflix series if things went that far. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Mark Hamill is a really good choice to play Skeletor. It looks pretty cool. I'll probably give it a look. There's a YouTube channel/network that has a lot of the old He-Man and She-Ra episodes on there. I wonder whether they'd try and reinvent She-Ra again in this style, or tie this show into the Princesses Of Power Netflix series if things went that far. 

This looks cool, but they'd better not fuck around with Princesses of Power. I watched it all with my little one and it's brilliant. Honestly so far beyond the old shows in terms of storytelling that it's silly, but like everything else it got caught up in 40 year old men whining that a kid's show had been developed for y'know, kids and that She-Ra wasn't slutty enough.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

This looks cool, but they'd better not fuck around with Princesses of Power. I watched it all with my little one and it's brilliant. Honestly so far beyond the old shows in terms of storytelling that it's silly, but like everything else it got caught up in 40 year old men whining that a kid's show had been developed for y'know, kids and that She-Ra wasn't slutty enough.

Yeah, how dare a kids' cartoon not be some kind of nostalgic thirst trap.