Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I know the original didn't have the greatest animation ever but rebooting it with this decades old looking CGI is a bit shit.

Yeah the animation wasn’t the best but he always sounded like he was having sex when he ran and his tail looked like a Willy sometimes. 

Also, Willy Fogg had better theme music. I shall not be taking questions at this time. 

• Paid Members

Remember the follow up series where they did Willy Fogg's Journey To The Centre Of The Earth and tried to use the same theme with different words. Also they had about a quarter of the budget so it was horrendously limited in animation?

https://youtu.be/qoSh1oiyXqw

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Just finished Master's of the Universe: Revelations and it's superb. The animation is phenomenal and the action scenes are fantastic.

Every character is really well characterised and it really does feel like an updated follow up to the original series.

There is a bit to much heavy handed exposition delivered in the dialogue but as it has to serve older fans and new its forgivable.

I loved me a bit of Orko back in the day and they nailed his interpretation.

Unfortunately now the wait starts for the second half.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Cheers. Found it. I was looking for He Man. Found it under Masters of the Universe. 

I think a lot of folk have had that problem. My mate on Facebook couldn't find it either. The thing is Mattel don't own the old He-Man and the Master's of the Universe show from Filmation so they can't use the name.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, DEF said:

Just finished Master's of the Universe: Revelations and it's superb. The animation is phenomenal and the action scenes are fantastic.

Every character is really well characterised and it really does feel like an updated follow up to the original series.

There is a bit to much heavy handed exposition delivered in the dialogue but as it has to serve older fans and new its forgivable.

I loved me a bit of Orko back in the day and they nailed his interpretation.

Unfortunately now the wait starts for the second half.

I’m 3 episodes in and echo this. Probably Kevin Smith’s best work

I'll give it a go, I've not long finished the last season of Castlevania and it's pretty excellent being a bit of a step up from the previous season. Lots of characters are given great side stories with the show seamlessly flowing between them.

Some cool nods to JoJo, Dark Souls and Berserk, too.

Edited by Merzbow

Just sessioned the first part of Revelations this morning. Really good stuff. I'm no big fan of the original - Thundercats was the thing in our household, and although we had a couple of MOTU toys when we were little, it was just because they looked cool rather than us knowing who they were. This show was good fun in that I think it brought in all the old characters, of which I was amazed how many I actually knew so they must be buried deep in my brain somewhere, but launched them into something new. For that reason, I can see why some old fans might not be on board, but each episode got me emotional at some point, Man At Arms is an unmitigated badass, and Henry Rollins worshipping the Holy Sprocket gets a thumbs up from me. God bless the incels though.