Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

On 8/2/2021 at 1:13 PM, LCJ said:

I didn’t really like the new MOTU. I thought the animation was decent and looked great in HDR but I found the story a bit on the dull side. It seemed to be more about Teela when I expected it to be more about He-Man v Skelator. I heard it’s getting very mixed reviews online and Kevin Smith hasn’t taken the criticism too well. I get that MOTU is more of a kid’s cartoon and toy line above all else but this series was supposed to have been aimed at older viewers who grew up watching the original series. Which is why I watched it but I wasn’t that impressed overall.

I think Skeletor only appeared in 80 of the 130 episodes (I could be wrong) but characters like Teela, Man at arms and Orko had their own episodes which didn't feature heman much. Teela's quest, Trouble in Trolla and Wizard of stone mountain are examples of this. 

I haven't watched the new one yet, it can't be any worse than the early 90s version. 

• Paid Members

The New Adventures Of He-Man was a weird one. I hear the rebooted series they did around 2002 on Cartoon Network was supposed to be good? 

• Paid Members
Just now, jazzygeofferz said:

The New Adventures Of He-Man was a weird one. I hear the rebooted series they did around 2002 on Cartoon Network was supposed to be good? 

If you can get past the astonishingly bad choice of voice acting for Prince Adam then 2002 show is pretty good.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

What's wrong with Cam Clarke?

This:

12 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Nothing wrong with him per say, it's just nearly every character he's done since the original TMNT series has sounded like Leo or Rocksteady

Prince Adam is not a fake sounding ninja turtle.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He has got a distinct voice. 

Aye, he's all good for Turtles but it just doesn't work for Prince Adam IMO.

My main criticism of the new MotU is the voice acting. Both Lena Headey and SMG sound like they're sight-reading their lines for the first time the whole way through. I'd have preferred Liam Cunningham to do Ser Davos for Man-at-arms but his attempted Patrick Stewart is alright and at least has some gravitas.

Also,

Spoiler

I think it's ok to use the "mid-card face character sacrificing themselves to save their mates" trope once in a series, but twice in two episodes is too much. Also I think it would have made the end of episode 5 more impactful if half the good guys hadn't already been killed.

Still very much enjoyed it though.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Nothing wrong with him per say, it's just nearly every character he's done since the original TMNT series has sounded like Leo or Rocksteady

I was gonna say don't you bring no evil on LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He was Dogtanian as well. Probably a lot of people's first experience of his work. 

And Leonardo.