Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I'm trying to find a cartoon from an old issue of private eye. It was a single frame of a couple walking in the background saying "isn't birdsong wonderful" and a bird on a branch in the foreground saying "fuck, humans! Hide quick". 

Can anyone help me find a copy? It would have been around 2013 / 2014 I think. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

The guy that voiced Jimmy Pesto in Bob's Burgers has been fired after it's been revealed that he was involved in the Capital riots on January 6th.

https://news.yahoo.com/actor-jay-johnston-banned-bob-025408674.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr&guce_referrer=aHR0cDovL20uZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHQyyQduV2mWTOX8KzJwUVOk3aqADSMdQv5cyfy6PnTxAQ0ELdE_-2v6B2YOx9LgcSLM9qtNHRPA_zbBtkZ5509E8bOrANeS2I5co0mWF1F5gCdut5ll5wqd7BrUsFVE-VFmb7pYF7GezqFYYuIuS5983WFP9S6HvPBWhmuvPpM7&guccounter=2

Also,what did people think of the second part of Masters Of The Universe: Revelation? I watched it in one go and thought it did some interesting stuff. Leaves things set for anither series as well if need be. 

• Paid Members

I loved Revalations. Whilst I like He-Man as a kid, it’s pretty shit watching it back. I thought this was an excellent series, particularly like the use of toys that never appeared in the original show and Evil Lynn. Low point was Mark Hamill’s Skellator being an different pitched Joker.

• Paid Members

I think Alan Oppenheimer doing his Skeleton voice all the way through would have made the show a little less serious feeling though. Maybe Frank Welker could have brought something different, but then people would probably have been complaining about Skeleton sounding like Megatron. 

• 8 months later...
  • Paid Members

Has anyone been watching series 2 of Primal?

It's amazing how they manage to create so much tension and interest with just sound and what on the face of it. Is a very basic animation style.

I'm rewatching the last two episodes of series 1. To remind myself of a couple of plot points.

It's very very good.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Mortal Kombat: Cage match a new feature length cartoon about Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat.

The best thing about it is It's set in the 80s, it adds so much, the GTA vice city look and bootleg eye of the tiger soundtrack were really fun. Johnny Cage was always my fave MK character and I really like how they've done him here, he has a lot of personality (Joel McHale's voice) and his 80s character design is nice.

Everything else about it was pretty generic.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

I haven't seen any of the MK animated movies. Have you seen any of the others? Might pick up the Scorpion one.

I remember the animated SF2 movie was ace (that was 30 years ago mind).

I think I liked the scorpion one but can't remember it well, might rewatch it later.

I agree street fighter 2 anime is the gold standard, that was a revelation when it came out. My tastes in anime do lean heavily towards stuff from the 80s and early 90s though, can't beat that vintage anime vibe

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Mortal Kombat: Cage match a new feature length cartoon about Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat.

The best thing about it is It's set in the 80s, it adds so much, the GTA vice city look and bootleg eye of the tiger soundtrack were really fun. Johnny Cage was always my fave MK character and I really like how they've done him here, he has a lot of personality (Joel McHale's voice) and his 80s character design is nice.

Everything else about it was pretty generic.

I saw the other 3 and they’re really good. Not caught this one yet. The one about Sub Zero and Scorpion, and the one about Kano and Kenshi are the best ones.

• Paid Members

There's a new 50 minute South Park special; South Park: Joining the Panderverse, riffing on on diversity in Disney movies, A.I, multiverse stories etc.

As you can imagine it's extremely typical South Park stuff, they've been doing it for 25 years so you should know how much you like it by now. If you still care about the show at all in the 2020s it has its moments, I liked the black girl version of cartman and PC Principal (my fave character) was perfect in his scene.

I also like the format of getting a longer standalone special every now and then.

• 4 weeks later...