Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

I've started watching season 2 of Infinity Train. It's absolutely great, really inventive, charming and fun.

To reference my previous post about crappy animation in most adult cartoons, the more popular kids shows these days typically look really great and Infinity Train is no exception:

infinititrain-5.png

Bloody lovely.

Random fact that I found quite interesting. Robin Thicke who did that ‘Blurred Lines’ tune with Pharrell Williams has an older brother called Brennan Thicke. Brennan now works in Real Estate in Los Angeles but in the ‘80s Brennan was a child voice actor who voiced Dennis (in the Dennis cartoon) and Scott Trakker in M.A.S.K. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I've been cracking through the 1979 Spider-Woman series on Disney+. It's not great, but I have a pang of nostalgia as I remember seeing a few episodes when I was probably about 5ish. I'm making my way through the Marvel cartoons on there chronologically might skip over Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends as I watched them all about 5 years ago, but I remember it being decent. Dan Gilvezan is Spidey, and Frank Welker plays Bobby Drake/Iceman. The real highlight will ve cracking through the mid 90s X-Men and Spidey cartoons, as they were pleasing. Also looking forward to watching Gravity Falls, as I hear a lot of good things about it. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Marvel cartoons on there chronologically 

Do they have the 1982 Hulk cartoon? That's my fave and the most nostalgic for me. What about the early 1981 solo Spider-Man one (sometimes knows as Spider-Man 5000 for some reason) that was really similar to spidey and his amazing friends? 

• Paid Members

They don't have the 82 Hulk, but they have the 90s Hulk, which is also decent. The 81 Solo Spidey is also on there. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've been cracking through the 1979 Spider-Woman series on Disney+. It's not great, but I have a pang of nostalgia as I remember seeing a few episodes when I was probably about 5ish. I'm making my way through the Marvel cartoons on there chronologically might skip over Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends as I watched them all about 5 years ago, but I remember it being decent. Dan Gilvezan is Spidey, and Frank Welker plays Bobby Drake/Iceman. The real highlight will ve cracking through the mid 90s X-Men and Spidey cartoons, as they were pleasing. Also looking forward to watching Gravity Falls, as I hear a lot of good things about it. 

Gravity Falls is a right treat. For me 90's X-Men/Spider-Man hold up really well, and X-Men nails the Phoenix Saga better then 2 films have managed to as well.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Gravity Falls is a right treat. For me 90's X-Men/Spider-Man hold up really well, and X-Men nails the Phoenix Saga better then 2 films have managed to as well.

The only problem is there's a MASSIVE dip in the animation quality partway through the 4th season. Cal Dodd will always be the voice of Wolverine to me. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The only problem is there's a MASSIVE dip in the animation quality partway through the 4th season. Cal Dodd will always be the voice of Wolverine to me. 

If I recall they cancelled it, then decided on more episodes which led to some changes.

Also, Hugh Jackman met with Cal Dodd in order to get tips for playing the live action version. Have you ever seen the aborted X-Men pilot. I think it was called Pryde of the X-Men and it was supposed to be the animated series before it got redone. Wolverine is Australian in it, and it’s also what they used to make the X-Men arcade game in the early 90’s

• Paid Members

That Konami 6-player X-Men arcade game is so good. I don't think I have seen Pryde Of The X-Men. 

There's so much of Chris Claremont's work in the 90s X-Men Cartoon, and the characters using that Jim Lee art style as well. I adore Apocalypse as a result of that show, and Cyclops for some reason. Probably because of how well written he was. 

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

That Konami 6-player X-Men arcade game is so good. I don't think I have seen Pryde Of The X-Men. 

There's so much of Chris Claremont's work in the 90s X-Men Cartoon, and the characters using that Jim Lee art style as well. I adore Apocalypse as a result of that show, and Cyclops for some reason. Probably because of how well written he was. 

Well, it’s not HD but...

I remember TCC used to show it around the time X-Men started on Sky 1. That’s how I saw it initially. Not seen it in decades but I’ll give it a rewatch 

• Paid Members

It's so close, but so far away as well. Some big names in the cast  though. I recognised Alan Oppenheimer, Dan Gilvezan and Frank Welker's voices in there. It's a big visual shift as well from the Cockrum/Byrne style to the bold colours of the Jim Lee inspired 90s series.

• 2 weeks later...