Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

Peppa is a cunt, for sure. Despite this, there's a certain charm about her and when she doesn't get her doll on Christmas it's one of the best episodes ever. 

Bing bastard bunny is fucking awful. A whiny little shit who does what he wants and gets away with it. He'll trash somebody else's work or steal their lunchbox and he'll just be told that it's okay. No sanctions or consequences, it's a bing thing. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

Peppa is a cunt, for sure. Despite this, there's a certain charm about her and when she doesn't get her doll on Christmas it's one of the best episodes ever. 

Bing bastard bunny is fucking awful. A whiny little shit who does what he wants and gets away with it. He'll trash somebody else's work or steal their lunchbox and he'll just be told that it's okay. No sanctions or consequences, it's a bing thing. 

You pretty much nailed Bing. I saw an end of an episode where he stole something and they practically laughed it off.

Rastamouse was equally shit for that. One of them stole some trainers and they just brushed it off. Great lessons for kids

The thing I remember most about Bing from when my son used to watch it was the weird opening credits where Bing meets his mates at the park and one of them strips down to his underpants before playing with the other kids. Odd.

Edited by dopper

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

You pretty much nailed Bing. I saw an end of an episode where he stole something and they practically laughed it off.

I'm sure Bing gets a right bollocking from Flop in that one. Makes him take it back and apologise and he doesnt get the thing he wanted but the shopkeeper days it's ok because he owned up and brought it back. #Flop4Life

• Paid Members
Just now, hallicks said:

I'm sure Bing gets a right bollocking from Flop in that one. Makes him take it back and apologise and he doesnt get the thing he wanted but the shopkeeper days it's ok because he owned up and brought it back. #Flop4Life

Flop is a soft touch, He would have told him too nicely why it is wrong. He needs to step his game up.

I'd prefer the Saudi version when Flop makes him take it back and the shopkeeper cuts off Bings paw

1 minute ago, dopper said:

The thing I remember most about Bing from when my son used to watch it was the weird opening credits where Bing meets his mates at the park and one of them strips down to his underpants before playing with the other kids. Odd.

Apparently it's because some toddlers don't like have having trousers on so it's an inclusivity thing. 

2 minutes ago, simonworden said:

No, however we are in the process of planning our own family. I will try to remember this thread for 2-3 years time.

When it's the only thing that gets you 10 minutes peace, you'll let them watch it and learn to deal with the self loathing... 

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Flop is a soft touch, He would have told him too nicely why it is wrong. He needs to step his game up.

I'd prefer the Saudi version when Flop makes him take it back and the shopkeeper cuts off Bings paw

Game of Bing. Who will sit on the iron high chair? Apparently there's an episode where he kills a butterfly or moth and it's absolute carnage (relatively speaking). 

• Paid Members

Back on proper toon topic,

Galaxy High School. Was shocked to find out it only lasted 1 season. I used to love love love it. In the 90's I remember reading the film rights were sold for a live action movie and got excited about a project which never materalised. 

Chris Coloumbus was involved who was just starting to make a name in Hollywood, and early Nancy Cartwright pre Simpsons. Would love to see it again

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Back on proper toon topic,

Galaxy High School. Was shocked to find out it only lasted 1 season. I used to love love love it. In the 90's I remember reading the film rights were sold for a live action movie and got excited about a project which never materalised. 

Chris Coloumbus was involved who was just starting to make a name in Hollywood, and early Nancy Cartwright pre Simpsons. Would love to see it again

I've got box set somewhere but haven't watched it in years. Might dig it out and watch it with my daughter later. Had no idea it was shipped about as a film adaptation. I'd be well up for that. Shame it never got made.

Why did Galaxy High end exactly? It was really good. I couldn’t believe some of the topics they dealt with like when Doyle got hooked on “brain blasters” (basically drugs) and he started stealing to pay his dealer IIRC. That episode was nominated for an award I believe.

I’ve read about a M.A.S.K live action movie as well but that’s yet to materialise (another quality DIC cartoon). I think Hasbro (who bought Kenner) re-registered the trademarks. There was even a Matt Trakker GI JOE figure a few years ago and there were rumours about his character appearing in one of the movies but it’s yet to happen.

Edited by LCJ

5 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Quality theme tune on MASK too. They could do something really cool with today's tech if they rebooted it.

Completely agree. I’m surprised a reboot hasn’t happened yet.

• Paid Members

Re MASK my understanding is that John Cena's character in Bumblebee will be spun off into the MASK film. I've seen interviews where he's hinted at it.

I can't believe it's taken this long for Hasbro/Kenner to do anything with MASK. Seems like it would be a natural fit for a new series and toy line.