Cartoons

Bellenda Carlisle

5 minutes ago, DEF said:

I've always assumed that a lot of animation was out sourced to Japan/Korea hence the style.

That's probably right but it was a definite stylistic choice for Castlevania at least, they even got in someone from the Berserk films and staff members from one of the Vampire Hunter D movies to work with the American animators.

I think syndication is when the studios sell their shows usually to multiple independent broadcasters and the practice is more common in the United States.

This Wiki article explains US TV quite well but it’s quite a complicated system and very different to the U.K. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_in_the_United_States

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

That's probably right but it was a definite stylistic choice for Castlevania at least, they even got in someone from the Berserk films and staff members from one of the Vampire Hunter D movies to work with the American animators.

Oh yeah your right for sure Castlvania was intentionally like that. I mean it is based on a Japanese game after all. I'd have been about 90% less interested if it wasn't in that style honestly.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

What are the Beserk films?

3 minutes ago, BigJag said:

What are the Beserk films?

They're a trilogy of movies based on the Berserk manga, although I'd recommend the 1997 anime show over them any day as it covers a lot more ground especially when it comes to the relationships between the characters. The films skip a lot of that in favour of getting right to the action which does a huge disservice to the original work as it's reasonably well written compared to most manga/anime of the time.

• Paid Members

Holy shit. I've just watched the intro for Thundercats Roar. What the fuck are they thinking with those character designs?! Initial impressions, not good.

3 hours ago, DEF said:

Holy shit. I've just watched the intro for Thundercats Roar. What the fuck are they thinking with those character designs?! Initial impressions, not good.

It's the new thing, they done the same for Be Cool Scooby Doo and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because they think it appeals to kids. Other than the CG TMNT series that Nickelodeon done before Rise, the only other reboot that nailed the character designs perfectly in the last 5-6 years has been Thunderbirds Are Go to the point that the CG versions of Virgil and Scott are inch perfect replicas of their puppet versions from the original show

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

But who is the more whiny cunt, Peppa Pig or Bing Bunny?

Not seen Bing Bunny before but Peppa is just a little sod. She’s rude, always wants her own way and is generally a bad influence on small children. Don’t know what the creators were thinking but they obviously know better than me as they’re multi millionaires thanks to their creation.

I'm a big proponent of Peppa Pig due to the fact my wife's niece has pretty much learnt fluent English from watching Peppa Pig and interacting with us semi-regularly. Her parents don't speak any English but i'd say hers is around the expected level of a 3 year old which is pretty good going for a 5 year old Vietnamese girl.