Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

They either bought the hoodies in bulk or they literally have one hoodie and are passing it about. Good grief. 

Edited by Lenin
Posted

Fucking hell they changed the title over.

But yeah the hoodie thing was just silly again, especially so soon after Austin Theory 

Still though, least there was a title change, WWE has been stale as hell lately and this decision is somewhat of a difference to the usual dross booking of late.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Jacob Fatu with the Belarus-style assist to oor boy Drew tonight. Chuffed to finally see a Scotsman throw a kick to actually win in Germany, makes up for Ryan Porteous and most of Euro 2024.

Posted
46 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

I think its a great choice. Unexpected. Mania and Rumble feels extremely unpredictable now. Fatu looking like a berk not so much. 

Samoans in wrestling aren’t really the smartest of people at decision making, especially when they’re a lunatic like Jacob. Roman and The Rock being the obvious exceptions 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Is this the route they’re taking to get to Cody/Punk at Wrestlemania, perhaps? Cody wins the Rumble, and chooses to take on Punk to allow Randy Orton or Sami Zayn to take on Drew (or both, they do love a triple threat).

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

Is this the route they’re taking to get to Cody/Punk at Wrestlemania, perhaps? Cody wins the Rumble, and chooses to take on Punk to allow Randy Orton or Sami Zayn to take on Drew (or both, they do love a triple threat).

 

I wonder if Cody fails to win the Rumble, but wins the chamber and whoever has already won the Rumble declares for the WWE title and that leads him to go face Punk. If they were to turn Cody, and I hope they don't, this could be a way to show his desperation to regain his spot on top leading to nefarious actions. 

Or he just beats Drew to regain the title in a few weeks. 

 

Posted (edited)

I think its just a short term switch to inject some life into the company on the way to Mania.

Cody beats Drew for the title at the Elimination Chamber.

Roman wins the Rumble

Cody vs Roman at Wrestlemania.

I think it would be too long winded to get to Cody/Punk now.

 

Edited by The King of Old School
Posted (edited)

I’m all for short term reigns making a comeback.

The epic reign of Roman was one thing, but the last few years we’ve become far too accustomed to “this guys won the belt, no-one else is getting it for at least a year”. A short term reign here and there adds an element of intrigue 

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted

Yeah if I never see... 

Lights going out and wrestler magically appears in the ring.

Hooded wrestler shows up and slowly pulls the hoodie off with a menacing look on their face.

Wrestler casually walking into the arena holding a cup of coffee.

"One...two...", kick-out, over-exaggerated facial expression.

...ever again it will be too soon.

Mainstream wrestling has become so formulaic and "paint-by-numbers" that even something genuinely interesting like Drew winning the title is spoiled by the other dreck. 

Wrestling used to have energy and a spark of excitement. Now it's become like me - stuck in a stale and predictable routine, creaking along at a glacial pace, wondering where all the life and fun has gone.

It's become middle aged. 

 

Posted
4 hours ago, mim731 said:

I wonder if Cody fails to win the Rumble, but wins the chamber and whoever has already won the Rumble declares for the WWE title and that leads him to go face Punk. If they were to turn Cody, and I hope they don't, this could be a way to show his desperation to regain his spot on top leading to nefarious actions. 

Or he just beats Drew to regain the title in a few weeks. 

 

Cody going after the participation belt doesn't seem likely to me.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m all for short term reigns making a comeback.

The epic reign of Roman was one thing, but the last few years we’ve become far too accustomed to “this guys won the belt, no-one else is getting it for at least a year”. A short term reign here and there adds an element of intrigue 

Completely agree

  • Paid Members
Posted

What the actual fuck! Third time lucky for Drew, of the three times he’d gone for a world title in Europe this was the one I gave him least chance of winning. Good for him, though in the pantheon of men who made it to four or more turns with one version of the belt or another, from Del Rio and Big Show up to Bret/Shawn/Kurt/Reigns and Hogan/Austin/Rock/Cena… I rate him somewhere around Sheamus/Rollins, maybe Edge/Y2J if I feel generous. I don’t rate his chances of actually defending THE(E) title at Mania all that highly with Cody, Reigns, Punk and Lesnar all jostling for spots but we’ll see. Maybe Triple Threat Mania is back on the cards, or Dewey is finally going to fight Roman and free up that spot.

At least they’ve ditched “Jacob as babyface,” one of the most perplexing/premature and poorly executed face turns in recent memory. I still think there’s mileage in him reuniting with Solo as a full time tag team, crushing regular superstar teams like the Headshrinkers used to brutalize ham n eggers. Give them the belts, let them keep them a year, beat some all-star goodie teams on the way, then give someone the rub by finally knocking them off. Honestly, either set of tag titles could do with some prestige restored. I couldn’t even tell you who has either set without looking it up except I bet one is still Judgment Day.

10 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

Is this the route they’re taking to get to Cody/Punk at Wrestlemania, perhaps?

Shhh, there’s only me that thinks that match is happening. And by “thinks” I mean “insists, and has done for absolutely months.” 😉 

Cody equalling Stone Cold with a third Rumble win really would speak for their faith in him, though I’d be disappointed both that Punk didn’t get to win it, and if their match wasn’t for the Gold and not Silver Medal.

  • Paid Members
Posted

IMG_4589.thumb.webp.9e09c28d9a2aeea57bb62d8c654c885c.webp

IMG_4588.jpeg.e8af3bbd7a2b2040bebb22ea1c956c9d.jpeg

IMG_4590.jpeg.f6a4e08a77ab3b04712fd83666654fa3.jpeg

IMG_4591.jpeg.51c13ffa6454a3987bb1e5c46cccea91.jpeg

Just over six months. It’s what they do. Over and over again.

The first Hall of Fame announcement for 2026 seems obvious, now.

IMG_4585.jpeg.c3d9c12043663ecef0c1a903cac235d2.jpeg

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...