Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 10 Paid Members Posted January 10 5 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: Didn't think of that. Is Punk vs AJ too late? That'd be a good mania night 1 main event. I reckon. There's only 1 main event mate, and that's on night 2. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted January 10 Paid Members Posted January 10 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: Has he? What's been wrong with him exactly? I mean being pedantic, this year alone he's watched Drew burn a picture of his Da and lost his title...Last year though can't say there was much wrong with him. Yeah it was nearly impossible to not have the main event spoiled while in work but I plan to sit down Monday and watch this and Collision as I've not spoiled the rest of either yet. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 10 Paid Members Posted January 10 11 hours ago, Callum1993 said: If the plan is Roman/Cody 3 it really doesn’t need the belt. I hate this thinking. I hated it for Shawn vs Taker and for Rock vs Cena. If you have star power in another match overshadowing the belt, you’ve fucked up. Your biggest match goes on last and at WrestleMania nothing should be bigger than the title. You couldn’t even do Cody vs Reigns on Night 1, it would have to close Night 2. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 11 Paid Members Posted January 11 (edited) Sorry for the double post but… 17 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: Jacob Fatu? I don’t think that’s lasting until Mania, is it? If it is, it’s not a title match, and it feels crackers that Cody would be out of the title scene at Mania 42 after virtually 2 years in it uninterrupted. 15 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said: Didn't think of that. Is Punk vs AJ too late? That'd be a good mania night 1 main event. I reckon. So in the event that main events night 1 and the (to me unfathomable) situation is that Cody is with Jacob and we’ve put Roman in this Shieldish handicap… your night 2 main is… what? Drew defending the title (against… who??) or a different match without a belt? Lesnar? Gunther?? It’s getting a bit wispy. I’m not ruling out Lesnar vs Gunther, underneath Cody vs Punk (on last) and Reigns vs Rollins or Reigns vs Breakker as an outside bet. Plus Ripley vs Vaquer, Cargill vs Belair and AJ Lee vs Big Time Bex. Edited January 11 by air_raid You should see me in a crown. Quote
Chili Posted January 11 Posted January 11 Some combo of Drew, Lesnar, Punk, Cody, Rollins, Gunther, Bron Steiner & Reigns in two Fatal Four Way matches to close night 1 & 2. To celebrate and pay homage to Triple H winning the first ever 4 Way main at Wrestlemania 2000. It's quite simple really. Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted January 11 Posted January 11 So, as my ideas can't be a crazy as some others already posted.... I'm not convinced Fatu is a heel, he didn't attack Cody as such, he lashed out when Cody stopped him attacking Drew...he's a loose cannon! So if he's not portrayed as a heel this week I can see him facing Drew for the belt at the rumble...rumours are there is a 4 way at the next SNME to determine the contender, so easy for him to win that. That leaves Cody to enter the Rumble, although I don't see him winning it. My winner of the Rumble is Sammi, crowd will eat it up in Saudi. Sammi then picks Drew for mania on night one (do they have previous?). Cody wins the Chamber to setup a match against Punk on night 2. Punk elevates his main event from last year and actually gets to close the weekend. Seth and Roman take on Brekker and Bronson Fatu joins the Usos for a throw away brawl against the MFTs maybe...dunno...bored now. Quote
The Dart Posted January 11 Posted January 11 15 minutes ago, thatvinylgeek said: Rumours are there is a 4 way at the next SNME to determine the contender, so easy for him to win that. Rumours? It was announced during this show. And Fatu’s not in it. Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted January 11 Posted January 11 2 minutes ago, The Dart said: Rumours? It was announced during this show. And Fatu’s not in it. Good arrows my friend. Then I revoke everything I said previously Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 12 Paid Members Posted January 12 You’d like to say Zayn might come out on top of that mess but knowing them it will be Orton, who’s probably due a heel turn. In kayfabe, a field of 8 being arranged to determine next challenger and Cody not being one defies all reasonable logic. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 12 Paid Members Posted January 12 38 minutes ago, air_raid said: You’d like to say Zayn might come out on top of that mess but knowing them it will be Orton, who’s probably due a heel turn. I never really thought of that, but Drew winning the title may well be setting him on course to defend the belt in a tediously uninteresting match with Randy Orton at Wrestlemania. Orton made a point of referencing the number of World title belts he’s held on Smackdown, if this happens again, I’ll start to get worried as they’re almost certainly doing it as he’s about to get a chance to increase that number, and get closer to equalling the number Cena has held. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted January 12 Paid Members Posted January 12 I suppose Orton could win it then they could finally do the feud with Cody for Mania. With one of them turning heel either in the build up or on the show itself. Mania feels pretty unpredictable this year. Despite how bad the booking has been for the last couple of years the roster is stacked. Could be a great Mania card if they get it right. Quote
The King of Old School Posted January 12 Posted January 12 I still think it will be something as simple as Roman winning the Rumble, and Cody getting the title back at EC to set up Mania. Sami to get the Rumble title shot. I just can't see Cody going after the Punks belt at all, but not sure who Punk faces at Mania (Seth). Quote
MVP RULZ Posted January 12 Posted January 12 2 hours ago, air_raid said: In kayfabe, a field of 8 being arranged to determine next challenger and Cody not being one defies all reasonable logic. Did you watch the show? It would actually defy all logic if Cody WAS ONE of the 8 considering he was the current Champion when the field of 8 and the 4 qualifying matches were announced Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted January 12 Paid Members Posted January 12 2 hours ago, MVP RULZ said: Did you watch the show? It would actually defy all logic if Cody WAS ONE of the 8 considering he was the current Champion when the field of 8 and the 4 qualifying matches were announced Not exactly, a slot could always have been left for the loser if the Rhodes/McIntyre match, regardless of who it was. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted January 12 Paid Members Posted January 12 4 hours ago, MVP RULZ said: Did you watch the show? ROFL, of course not. 4 hours ago, MVP RULZ said: It would actually defy all logic if Cody WAS ONE of the 8 considering he was the current Champion when the field of 8 and the 4 qualifying matches were announced Clearly. I just saw the four-way mentioned and Googled “SNME contenders” to learn there are qualifiers for the contenders match. The illusion of depth! Soon it will be Rumble qualifiers every week too! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.