RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted January 30 Posted January 30 1 hour ago, FLips said: I stuck a bit of Smackers on earlier due to the time difference having it on while I was dossing about after work, and it's like the place is stuck in stasis. The Miz, R-Truth, Damien Priest, Charlotte Flair and Alexa Bliss, The Wyatts, it's like I never stopped watching a year ago. I heard good things about Dragunov but I really didn't think much to him here. Little tiny man, bad promo, weird conductor thing, out there going 50/50 with Miz. Crap finisher too. One thing that shocked me was how empty the crowd was. I though the Saudi shows were constant sellouts but they kept cutting away to 2/3 of an empty arena. Shocking. They mentioned on comms that there were traffic issues for the crowd, still had around 9-10k, will probably look more full house come bell time tomorrow Quote
Kfogg1991 Posted January 31 Posted January 31 A couple of takeaways from both shows this week before rumble, they made Finn look like a joke he went backstage and announced himself as part of the rumble exactly the same as Cody, randy and others got their spots for it only for pierce to tell him he isn't in it because all the spaces are taken... But having Lesnar/priest being given places in it without problems or protest. There was no resolute for him that was it and the week before he was against punk for the belt only to be palmed off and told he isn't important enough for a spot in the rumble really dragged him down after a great match with the champ. I know Roman has got a reduced schedule after dropping the belt but not even showing on smack down when he's there just rocking in the rumble is abit too scarce if he is winning it he needs to be back to build the story for mania like he is so good at and has with the bloodline it seems unexplainable when crowds are getting excited chanting OTC only for nothing from him. I really want this to deliver tonight and give a strong mania build the company has been void of excitement and storylines every week and PPV. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 31 Posted January 31 Roman will win and then not show up for three weeks. This is the norm for main eventers now. You watch WWE, you should be used to it. If Jericho returns, you're not seeing him for a month either. Quote
Doog Posted January 31 Posted January 31 42 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Roman will win and then not show up for three weeks. This is the norm for main eventers now. You watch WWE, you should be used to it. If Jericho returns, you're not seeing him for a month either. Eh? Take your point on Roman, but that's Roman. Every other "main eventer" is on their respective show every week. Cody, Punk, Mcintyre, basically anyone except Roman, all on RAW or SmackDown every week. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted January 31 Posted January 31 Fair point. I'm honestly surprised Punk works every week. When I say main eventer. Brock hasn't shown up in almost two months. Roman. Jericho if he decides to return won't be. And I have no doubt Cody will go part time at some point. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 7 Posted February 7 Skipped some of it because I value my time more than spending 3 hours on a Smackdown. Glad they gave Drew the opportunity to speak and fight for the importance of his title. Exactly what he should be doing. He's great in that role and while on paper him vs Cody and/or Jacob doesnt exactly scream Mania main event, they're all working well to make it count. Definitely feel like Cody's guaranteed super over babyface time is at an end now. Just feels like he's not getting the regular super pops as much now. Jacob as the crazy man is exactly where he should be. Keep the catchphrases but not spamming them like you're playing No Mercy. Other stuff happened. Not sure what's happened but I have no interest in Jordynne Grace these days. Maybe it's her theme or that she looks crazy small or whatever else but I couldn't care less and I was quite high on her previously. A Kit Wilson promo into an Oba Femi match? Someone's been reading my fan fiction. Quote
The King of Old School Posted February 7 Posted February 7 Even this company can't mess up Oba Femi can they? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 9 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: Even this company can't mess up Oba Femi can they? Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 7 Members Posted February 7 13 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: Even this company can't mess up Oba Femi can they? Quote
Chico Torres Posted February 7 Posted February 7 1 hour ago, The King of Old School said: Even this company can't mess up Oba Femi can they? As I have mentioned as nauseum, go back and find the last time a black man had a singles match on a WWE PLE. Trips and his mother in law have roles in an administration where the president just posted a video of black people as apes and they have a constant stream of Samoans appropriating black culture as proxies for actual black people. So I’m pretty sure they can fuck it up. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 (edited) Oba Femi will end up dancing like all the other black wrestlers in WWE. Edited February 7 by Lion_of_the_Midlands Autocorrect racist! Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 52 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Obama Femi will end up dancing like all the other black wrestlers in WWE. Sure hope this is an autocorrect error. Quote
AnotherCrapUsername Posted February 7 Posted February 7 50 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said: Sure hope this is an autocorrect error. Probably not. The return of Saba Simba can't be that far away. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 52 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said: Sure hope this is an autocorrect error. Bloody autocorrect! Genuine error, i can assure everyone im not changing my name to Lion_of_the_KKK Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted February 7 Paid Members Posted February 7 (edited) With it all going a bit 1997 recently, everyone playing politics and burying each other onscreen, the main draw of this week’s Smackers was whether Drew could dig himself out of the hole Punk and Roman left him in on Monday. He did a relatively good job. Got the digs in. Promoted himself. Fair play. What I hadn’t expected was Cody Rhodes going full Cody Rhodes. I don’t recall either Punk or Roman even mentioning Cody on Monday, only Drew, so Cody trying to get his own digs in was always going to be weird. Trust Cody to make it even weirder though. Would give anything to see the WhatsApp messages between Drew and Cody, talking about how they planned on rebuilding their Mania match after Punk and Roman left it ice cold. ”I’m going to rip Punk for being a scrawny, injury prone prick, and push hard that Roman’s a Turkey Teeth’d part-timer. Since you won’t be officially announced as part of the match until Elimination Chamber, I assume you just play it cool and leave it to me, yeah?” ”Wrong. I’m going to go full scorched Earth despite not even getting a namecheck. You know that silly meme about me being black? I’m going to badly play on that, to awkwardly say I’ve got a bigger cock than both of them, but without actually saying the word, ‘cock.’” The state of it. Like fucking Ned Flanders or something. Might as well have told them to, “Frick off!” And just like that, maybe it’s time the UKFF also has a, “Wrestling’s Worst One-Liners,” thread. On the plus side, Kit Wilson vs. Oba Femi was a legitimate Match of the Year Contender. Perfect in being exactly what it needed to be. Oba felt a bit disappointing in The Rumble, but they nailed it here. I’ve been doing the walk all day. Superstar in the making. Funny year thus far, isn’t it? First Nakamura actually putting some fucking effort in and having a decent match with AJ Styles, and now a Miz match having a super creative, interesting finish?! Exactly what is going on in catering?! Have all the Quiet Quitters been threatened with a Performance Review or something?! Edited February 8 by Supremo Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.