Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Orton vs Cody is the biggest match they still haven't done yet. And it opens up Randy to turn heel for the first time in half a decade. 

They randomly threw it away in Saudi.

  • Paid Members
Posted

So Cody is winning Friday then getting punted straight after the match? 
 

Have to feel for McIntyre. Should have got the belt a lot earlier in the feud then dropped it back at the Rumble. Fatu does seem like the obvious match unless they go with Aldis or Sami. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Doog said:

Drew v Aldis would be good/make sense in terms of how things are panning out, not sure how ring ready Aldis is mind.

I think this is what they are building towards as well.

Posted
27 minutes ago, FUM said:

They randomly threw it away in Saudi.

Thankfully not many folk will remember it though, same with Cody/Gunther whenever that happens.

30 minutes ago, Doog said:

Drew v Aldis would be good/make sense in terms of how things are panning out, not sure how ring ready Aldis is mind.

Really hope not, Drew vs Fatu in a wild falls count anywhere brawl is what it should be, in my opinion.

Posted

I really hope they do Orton v Cody. Big one-on-one matches are far more appealing to me than watching them book themselves into multi-man corners all the time.

Do Drew vs Fatu in a mad, show stealing, arena-wide no holds barred schmozz.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Orton vs Cody is the biggest match they still haven't done yet. And it opens up Randy to turn heel for the first time in half a decade. 

I really hope he doesn’t. Orton is enjoyable enough as a babyface, but he’s about as boring a heel as I’ve ever seen in wrestling. If anyone turns, it should be Cody. 

 

 

Posted
25 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I really hope he doesn’t. Orton is enjoyable enough as a babyface, but he’s about as boring a heel as I’ve ever seen in wrestling. If anyone turns, it should be Cody. 

Definitely how I'd go with it. Even if Orton turns heel on Cody, I think Cody will struggle as a babyface going forward. They've got about as much mileage as they can out of superbaby Cody at this point.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The Saudi match doesn’t really count. The Finals of a Tournament, where they didn’t really play into their history or the near two-year teases of Orton giving Cody’s belt the side eye. It’s always felt like a rabbit they can pull out of a hat in case of an emergency. This is that emergency. Get the video package ready!

IMG_5306.thumb.jpeg.06c92c1c5ed07e18727829f56ddc5112.jpeg

I feel bad for Drew, but it’s definitely the right call. As much as I was in favour of Drew winning the belt in Three Stages of Hell, it immediately became clear he was the wrong guy at the wrong time. Only made worse when Roman and Punk buried him six feet under.

I’m hoping for a big, hot angle. I’d have Jacob cost Drew the match, revealing in a later episode that it was Drew that attacked Jacob last year, leading to them having a wild stipulation match at Mania. Hell in a Cell, maybe?

In my head, Fatu is standing on the ramp having helped Cody win and Cody is still on all fours, staring at Jacob, doing the big, exaggerated, melodramatic nod of respect. However, before Cody even manages to get to his feet Orton flies in and punts his head clean off. We’re immediately off to the races.

Oooh, oooh Wrestlemania! (Just like that, just like that!)

We cut to Ted DiBiase Jr. walking down to the ring during their Wrestlemania match, with the commentators screaming, “but whose side is he on?”

IMG_5307.gif.8399ec0032494aff368f00c62ba119cb.gif

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

We cut to Ted DiBiase Jr. walking down to the ring during their Wrestlemania match, with the commentators screaming, “but whose side is he on?”

IMG_5307.gif.8399ec0032494aff368f00c62ba119cb.gif

He'll have to walk a lot slower than Hogan, with his ankles cuffed and all. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
23 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

I really hope he doesn’t. Orton is enjoyable enough as a babyface, but he’s about as boring a heel as I’ve ever seen in wrestling. If anyone turns, it should be Cody. 

 

23 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Definitely how I'd go with it. Even if Orton turns heel on Cody, I think Cody will struggle as a babyface going forward. They've got about as much mileage as they can out of superbaby Cody at this point.

If they were to abandon Cody as ultimate goodie, it’s too big to waste turning him on Orton. Needs to be on Punk or Reigns.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Rather than switching the belt tonight, is it possible that Orton will 'accidentally' cause a DQ and thus the fabled Wrestlemania Triple Threat match gets booked? Or Fatu AND Orton cause a DQ and we get a Fatal Four-way!

If they do switch tonight, Drew needs to give up and go somewhere else to work. Numpties like Jey Uso and Damien Priest get longer runs without doing anything to warrant it and he's on the verge of getting pumped out of a main event run again.

I might even watch the disappointment unfold for a change. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, Lenin said:

If they do switch tonight, Drew needs to give up and go somewhere else to work. Numpties like Jey Uso and Damien Priest get longer runs without doing anything to warrant it and he's on the verge of getting pumped out of a main event run again.

I think if Drew hadn’t got sick of his creative between his first two WWE title reigns and Mania 40, or then and his dethroning Cody, he’s not going to. It’s hardly like it was in the good old days where you want to stay on top for the sake of your payoff. As critical as he’s been of the product on various platforms over the last couple of years, he’s not actually left, has he? I think Drew just likes being edgy!1! and is secretly content with his lot. Couldn’t care less if he’s champ or not long as the biggest company in the industry pays him his wedge in return for two or three matches a month max.

Posted

Thing is I see some people suggesting Drew needs to go to AEW but for what? Is he guaranteed a title run there? I don't think so with the amount of top tier people they have there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...