Paid Members Supremo Posted December 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 12, 2025 You’re talking Jive (Twix)! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 12, 2025 Posted December 12, 2025 I was ready to have an argument and fight for all things Aldi and then I saw Cody's face and I think I need to make that my desktop background to cheer me up on bad days. Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted December 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 12, 2025 I think we'd all be better off if this became the Snackers thread. Also, there's fuck all wrong with Racer's. Quote
The King of Old School Posted December 12, 2025 Posted December 12, 2025 2 hours ago, Supremo said: Cody would be much more interesting with this look in real life. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 12, 2025 Posted December 12, 2025 He should have a storyline where he bangs his head and actually thinks he's Guile and Roman is Akuma. That's how you make a Mania rematch interesting. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted December 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 13, 2025 The prospect of Smackdown going back to three hours makes me shudder. No wrestling TV show should be that long. I look forward to more extended shots of wrestlers arriving and longer segments featuring the abysmal characters of the tag division. As for this show, it was fine. I didn’t hate it, and I also didn’t love it. Dragunov/Ciampa was excellent, and reaffirmed my feeling of wanting to see Dragunov in AEW’s Continental Classic. I enjoyed the Femi/Rhodes segment, but based on how it was framed I fully expect either Oba to win through McIntyre interfering, or a DQ finish because of that, with both men beating up Drew after the match. I hope I’m wrong. Given that it’s non-title, I hope they put Femi over cleanly, he felt like a star from the moment he debuted in NXT and that has only grown as time has gone on. He could easily be the face of the company one day. Talking of people who feel like stars, what a turnaround for Jade Cargill. She feels like a megastar in spite of her limitations, and the face-off with Ripley made me realise that’s a match I’d really like to see. I think they’re making a mistake by having her lean into the fact she’s supposed to be a heel by refusing to use the table. I’ve never really like that kind of spot anyway, to be fair. If the goal is to seriously hurt your opponent, why would you not want to put them through the table regardless of whether or not the crowd want to see it? I think they should have her hurt people regardless, beating the piss out of anyone and everyone. If they cheer her for that, so be it. Frankly, you’re facing an uphill battle if you expect them to root for Michin over her anyway. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 20 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: I enjoyed the Femi/Rhodes segment, but based on how it was framed I fully expect either Oba to win through McIntyre interfering, or a DQ finish because of that, with both men beating up Drew after the match. I hope I’m wrong. Given that it’s non-title, I hope they put Femi over cleanly, he felt like a star from the moment he debuted in NXT and that has only grown as time has gone on. He could easily be the face of the company one day. To be honest I assumed that from the get go, simply because they absolutely don't have the balls to put Oba over Cody clean straight away. I really don't believe they would. But if it's a start to getting him on the main roster and getting him over there, hopefully learning from their Melo mistakes, then I'll take it. To be fair I think they have easier jobs on their hands with Femi and Evans and they'd actually have to do something pretty stupid to fumble either of them. But stranger things have happened.. Quote
The King of Old School Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 Smackdown opens with a normal haired Cody Rhodes coming out to i presume cut a promo about Drew McIntyre of all people I immediately had to fast forward. Oba Femi caught my attention though, not seen much of his work but he has a great look. Didn't like his odd walk to the ring though. Dragunov us the weekly highlight of Smackdown for me, another great little match. I dont mind Ciampa much always like him in the old NXT as the sadistic heel. Gargano and his wife are terrible tho. I hope they keep the belt on Dragunov for a good while yet, can have a similar reign with this to what Orange Cassidy had with the aew international title. Didn't see too much more, Wyatts and Solos group continuing to have beef is boring and it didnt seem like anyone cared, Jade just looks a star though, need ti get her away from Michin though. Her and Rhea seemed a good tease for Mania. Amazed anyone can actually want 3 hours of this though, horrible decision. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 1 hour ago, The King of Old School said: Didn't like his odd walk to the ring though. How dare you. Give it a few weeks and you'll be doing it round the house. It's fun honest. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted December 13, 2025 Paid Members Posted December 13, 2025 Has Uncle Howdy been on an extended tour of the swamps the UK? Where did that English accent come from?! So weird. Like when your mate goes to Uni far away and then comes back for Christmas break sounding complete different. Having not seen much of Oba Femi in NXT, that opening promo was a double edged sword. As an audition for main roster potential, he passed with flying colours, delivering exactly what you assume they’re looking for, but man. Does everyone in WWE have to talk exactly the same, with identical nursery rhyme cadence, always ending on a cheeky quip that’s never quite as clever as they think it is? Depressing. Zelina Vega looked like shit in the main event. Nothing worse in pro-wrestling than something going wrong and then they immediately try and do it again. She did that twice in this match. Dreadful. Zelina’s lucky her and Aleister have inherited Karrion Kross’ spooky shield. Allows you to keep your job for years, no matter how rubbish you are. Draganov continuing to wrestle like it’s a shoot remains the highlight of the show every week. Wildly entertaining nutter. Quote
The Dart Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 (edited) 3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: 2 hours ago, The King of Old School said: Didn't like his odd walk to the ring though. He looks like an absolute superstar with his walk to the ring, in his gear. When he does it in normal clothes, it looks a bit daft. Edited December 13, 2025 by The Dart Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 Just now, The Dart said: He looks like an absolute superstar with his walk to the ring, in his gear. When he does it in normal clothes, it's looks a bit daft. Yeah I did notice the clothes were a bit odd. Probably not the best first impression. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 51 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: How dare you. Give it a few weeks and you'll be doing it round the house. It's fun honest. The Oba walk is great when timed to perfection with the beat of his entrance theme. Good first interaction with Cody though I thought and introduction to the audience who don't follow NXT Should be a big star in a few years Has always looked like having the biggest potential of any male from NXT since Breakker was called up and arguably I think Oba ceiling is higher as well. Quote
Chico Torres Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 When was the last time a black man had a singles match on a WWE PPV/PLE? Quote
The Dart Posted December 13, 2025 Posted December 13, 2025 59 minutes ago, Chico Torres said: When was the last time a black man had a singles match on a WWE PPV/PLE? If you count NXT, which I assume you're not - then a week ago. If you don't, then wow you really have to go back quite far. Ricochet vs. Logan Paul - Summerslam 2023 appears to be the last time. But according to some places, Ricochet isn't black, he is mixed race, not sure if that's accurate or not, so you can then go back to Backlash 2023 - Omos vs. Seth Rollins. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.