Merzbow Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 It automatically came on YouTube earlier this morning and might just be the worst wrestling related thing I've seen in a while, felt like it went on for an hour and looked like sub-CW shite. Was everyone directed to act like a robot? Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 I now want Punk to turn heel. GTS Roman, leaves with Heyman. Roman vs Punk at Mania? Class. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 4 hours ago, The King of Old School said: I really dislike that all tournament matches for any belt now seem to be triple threats. On that note, one of the biggest complaints in modern wrestling is the amount of tournaments, especially an issue with AEW. But in 2024 WWE have had 24, AEW/ROH, 7. i was up late and for some reason TNT were showing Smackdown on a 30 minute delay. But have to agree that the opening was terrible, Roman/Punk was just bad, who scripted that?!? But the main was fun and KO deserves to beat Cody at SNME. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 I didn't mind it as much as some seem to have, but it would have been a lot better as an in-ring sit down with crown reactions and a live feeling. It's weird how you can take two of the biggest stars in the company, one known almost exclusively for being great on the mic, and put them in an environment where they can't do it anymore. Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 (edited) That sit down is the worst thing I’ve ever seen in wrestling and I watched every episode of Impact in 2007. I have no idea who it’s supposed to appeal to. They’ve taken three men who are very very good at what they do and put them in an environment so diametrically opposed to their strengths that I’m just puzzled by the entire thing. Edited November 30, 2024 by Slapnut Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 I was quite interested to see opinions but if we're calling it the worst thing ever then we're just being a bit ridiculous. Quote
Doog Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 (edited) Yeah it wasn't that bad. Sure the setting and presentation weren't great and the way they spoke was weird, but coming out of it they did achieve what they set out to. Clear reason why Punk is doing it, tension there between Reigns and Punk which could lead to a future big time match, intrigue on what Heyman is up to and what this favour is. Roman is entering his proper paranoid phase. Of course they could have achieved all of the above in front of a hot crowd and it would have been a lot better, but it is what it is and is nowhere near the worst thing ever. Edited November 30, 2024 by Doog Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 Awful segment by the standards they have set for themselves, but it definitely did a job in advancing the storylines. Like everyone else is saying, same content would have been a million times better in-ring. Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 44 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I was quite interested to see opinions but if we're calling it the worst thing ever then we're just being a bit ridiculous. Why is it ridiculous? It’s not like we’ve all unanimously decided it’s the worst thing ever, have we? I’ve decided it’s the worst thing I’ve ever seen in wrestling because at the moment that’s truly my honest opinion on it. It’s the polar opposite of what I enjoy in my wrestling. A bit hyperbolic perhaps, but surely no more hyperbolic than those who think it’s the best story they’ve ever done? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 (edited) 1 hour ago, Doog said: Yeah it wasn't that bad It was very bad though. Very, very bad. I also watched Jey Uso vs Jacob Fatu. It was pretty decent. Way better than the terrible matches I saw on the last episode because this one wasn't slow motion spots or weird no selling with no story/psychology. This had a tried and true monster vs underdog foundation which always works. Fatu is really good - he feels like a real wrestler. Jey was pretty naff in this with weak selling and comeback but luckily Fatu controlled most of it. Absolutely did the job. It did have a weird "This is awesome" chant. Sometimes I think modern fans just don't quite know how to react to things. Edited November 30, 2024 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 What I haven't worked out from that Reigns/Punk segment is why exactly is Punk there? Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 29 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: What I haven't worked out from that Reigns/Punk segment is why exactly is Punk there? Also, minor annoyance at Punk not knowing how favours work. He owes Paul. Paul has called in that favour. You can't then ask the poor fella for a favour again when agreeing to the favour you owe him in the first place can you? It opens up a never ending favour cycle. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 (edited) 29 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Also, minor annoyance at Punk not knowing how favours work. He owes Paul. Paul has called in that favour. You can't then ask the poor fella for a favour again when agreeing to the favour you owe him in the first place can you? It opens up a never ending favour cycle. The Colt Cabana Paradox. Edited November 30, 2024 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 (edited) 35 minutes ago, Rockbus2 said: Well I enjoyed it, so ner. Yo, check this out. You're gonna love it: Edited November 30, 2024 by LaGoosh Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.