Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Both WWE and AEW could get rid of 90% of their belts for all I care.

But the WWE Championship? That’s Kevin Owens’. I’m more convinced with each passing week. It’s the move to make. Kevin is right.

But he's going to come for poor Sami next!

  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, Chili said:

A trade window? Sorry you've lost me a bit there.

That’s not aimed at you, sorry! Just a general question - they announced the WWE equivalent of a transfer window ahead of Raw on Netflix, but they didn’t (unless I missed it) but a timescale on that.

  • Paid Members
Posted
34 minutes ago, Chili said:

Is their any complaints about too many titles in WWE? Because I just looked and that's a lot of titles. Because 18 championships across three brands feels like a lot. 6 per show? Unless more have others? And there are two more women's titles coming in?

It's a Gratitude Era hangover Chils. Everyone is friends and everyone gets a title at some point. The ideal amount of titles for WWE would be 1 World, 1 Raw, 1 Smackdown, 1 NXT for both men and women in singles where the World champion can defend on any brand. Tag Team wise, obviously no one cares if Cialis and Garbanzo are winning them in late 2024. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

But he's going to come for poor Sami next!

Sami raising the belt at Wrestlemania though! With the help of The Bloodline.

Maybe the real Championships were the family we made along the way.

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Sami raising the belt at Wrestlemania though! With the help of The Bloodline.

Maybe the real Championships were the family we made along the way.

With the trade window, it does seem more likely than ever that Owen’s vs Zayn could end up being the WWE title match at ‘Mania, which is pretty crazy - but absolutely brilliant. If Smackdown is anchored by a Zayn/Owens story in 2025, I’m very into that.

Posted
18 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

That’s not aimed at you, sorry! Just a general question - they announced the WWE equivalent of a transfer window ahead of Raw on Netflix, but they didn’t (unless I missed it) but a timescale on that.

Ah, you were asking broadly, it's alright pal.

  • Paid Members
Posted
36 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

1. She's not a champion and hasn't been on the main roster yet. If she hasn't won a title yet, why wouldn't she go for one? Especially the opportunity to be the first woman to hold that title.

2. As has already been said - multiple titles are better than one.

3. Why wouldn't the boss put her in the tournament? You don't just want to put filler in there. You want some decent names and she is one.

If your argument is that main event talent shouldn't be in it, are you saying Bayley or Bianca or Naomi etc shouldn't be in it either?

I love your enthusiasm. I mean I do enjoy AEW, but I don’t think as much as you enjoy the ‘E, and that’s great!

I’m not saying main event talent shouldn’t be in a secondary tournament, but, I always feel these things are best served by someone looking to move up the card or those who are on the way down after being at the top. A US/Intercontinental title I always saw in that way. A testing ground for the up and comers for how they will be at that level. Or a way of someone moving back to the midcard without losing all their heat. 
 

Bayley could benefit from it, Naomi definitely would but, I wouldn’t say Bianca would. I’d rather they just gave it to Chelsea tbh.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I love your enthusiasm. I mean I do enjoy AEW, but I don’t think as much as you enjoy the ‘E, and that’s great!

I’m not saying main event talent shouldn’t be in a secondary tournament, but, I always feel these things are best served by someone looking to move up the card or those who are on the way down after being at the top. A US/Intercontinental title I always saw in that way. A testing ground for the up and comers for how they will be at that level. Or a way of someone moving back to the midcard without losing all their heat. 
 

Bayley could benefit from it, Naomi definitely would but, I wouldn’t say Bianca would. I’d rather they just gave it to Chelsea tbh.

Thing is Tiffany isn't cemented as a main event player. MITB can be seen as a stepping stone as well, and has been used in a similar fashion before. And maybe they keep it on her until they believe they've got a solid spot for her at the top. Who knows. But a mid card title could work too if they have longer term plans for the MITB.

However Chelsea is my top pick. Just for her hard work and commitment to the character and her being a real highlight of every show she's on. You could argue she doesn't need a title but I'd love to see it for her.

And you enjoy AEW more than anyone on here so I think that's understating it a little ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I love your enthusiasm. I mean I do enjoy AEW, but I don’t think as much as you enjoy the ‘E, and that’s great!

I’m not saying main event talent shouldn’t be in a secondary tournament, but, I always feel these things are best served by someone looking to move up the card or those who are on the way down after being at the top. A US/Intercontinental title I always saw in that way. A testing ground for the up and comers for how they will be at that level. Or a way of someone moving back to the midcard without losing all their heat. 
 

Bayley could benefit from it, Naomi definitely would but, I wouldn’t say Bianca would. I’d rather they just gave it to Chelsea tbh.

Whilst I don't disagree with the broad thrust of your point about that being a better approach, I think we're living through the era of top talent occasionally carrying 'lesser' titles and getting involved in 'lesser' storylines. I guess because World Titles tend to move around less these days, you can end up with a Copeland holding the TNT title, or Randy Orton cocking about in RK-Bro or whatever.

I think across all companies these days there's an element of fluidity between the main event and the mid card. Unless you're Roman Reigns.

On the point about 'why' she'd want it, I have no issue with that. Why wouldn't she take every opportunity she can?

Edited by d-d-d-dAz
  • Paid Members
Posted

The more I think about it, the more on board I feel with Smackdown having a fresh, new roster with less in the way of megastars. Get Trick over there and push him as the face of the brand, move Braun Breakker and Ludwig Kaiser over and push them hard, put the Women’s belt on Stratton and call up Roxanne Perez, using her as a top female heel - Raw can have its stars, and Smackdown can feel new and interesting. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

The more I think about it, the more on board I feel with Smackdown having a fresh, new roster with less in the way of megastars. Get Trick over there and push him as the face of the brand, move Braun Breakker and Ludwig Kaiser over and push them hard, put the Women’s belt on Stratton and call up Roxanne Perez, using her as a top female heel - Raw can have its stars, and Smackdown can feel new and interesting. 

You are describing NXT.

 

Jokes aside, the more I think about it I can't think of any circumstance that a wrestler shouldn't want to take an opportunity to take any title. Cody and Gunther should be too busy defending to have opportunities to win the secondary belts, but if they were feuding with those champions they should absolutely want to win them. Tiffany is not yet a champeen, so should be pursuing any and all opportunities afforded to her.

 

Edited by Duke
  • Paid Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, Duke said:

You are describing NXT.

I know you’re joking, but weirdly, NXT feels anything but fresh and new to me - it’s had a lot of the same faces floating around for some time now, and they could actually do with a few long-termers being called up and an influx of talent!

I’d be up for the Wyatt Sicks shifting to Smackdown - Bo Dallas has been unexpectedly good as the leader of that stable, and he could be a fun Royal Rumble opponent for (I hope) new Champion Kevin Owens. Given the way they treated Big E, however, I fully expect the New Day to be in the crosshairs of that group in the not too distant future. Maybe in a tag title feud at Wrestlemania?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...