DavidB6937 Posted December 13, 2024 Posted December 13, 2024 6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: I’m not sure why you got so angry. But to answer your question, all I was doing was sharing the poster which says WWE deadline and not NXT Deadline. Which was the first time I’d certainly seen an NXT PLE not advertised as such. That was it. Nothing more, I just thought it was odd they did it and maybe it was trying to blend the brands together more? Looks like they started it with Halloween Havoc maybe. No Mercy definitely had NXT all over the place but some of the Halloween Havoc stuff seems to have the WWE logo instead. Just now, Kfogg1991 said: Lmfao not even offended if you know me slightly. I'm not a Nazi that resents them having breaks but the crazy number of double tapings recently have killed the build for survivor series and became detrimental it does feel like a stretch for them to have Kevin win and spoil it by having him come out with the belt before it's happened. Who knows though Why are we assuming they have to have the champion on the taping? Plenty of tapings have backstage segments or interviews added in. They could easily have Cody in a dark match with the belt and it wouldn't mean anything. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted December 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 13, 2024 (edited) 10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Looks like they started it with Halloween Havoc maybe. No Mercy definitely had NXT all over the place but some of the Halloween Havoc stuff seems to have the WWE logo instead. I wonder if it was because it was not at the Performance Centre? I genuinely was perplexed as to why it was seemingly dropped, because for the most part it’s treated as its own thing and only presented as canon when they have a special episode with some WWE talent appearances. Also I’d love KO to win the belt. He’s definitely deserved it, and you’re not wrong with how they could get around it on a taped SD, but I still think it’s not a great sign for SNME. Edited December 13, 2024 by Hannibal Scorch Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted December 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 13, 2024 Newly crowned WWE Winged Eagle Champion Kevin Owens shouldn’t be appearing in front of the crowd, anyway. He’ll be in his car, taking a long, hard look in the mirror. At a handsome man who is right. Completely right. And if you disagree, you can leave his rental vehicle right now. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 Nothing screams ‘Smackdown is getting shafted during this trade window’ than their first acquisition being Braun Strowman. As fun as his matches with Bronson Reed were, he’s been very uninteresting for a very long time. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 14 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Nothing screams ‘Smackdown is getting shafted during this trade window’ than their first acquisition being Braun Strowman. As fun as his matches with Bronson Reed were, he’s been very uninteresting for a very long time. Beating their #1 draft pick from the last time they did this sort of thing, no less. The NUMBER ONE PICK. Good grief. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 Look. There's only two things that matter from this show. 1. Chelsea won. This was the most important thing. 2. Michael Cole can't say Disney properly. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 Chelsea won clean, for the record, which they didn't need to do but I'm very glad they did. A mostly skippable Smackdown complete with mostly pre-taped promos, Carmelo Hayes getting squashed, Jacob Fatu being a total nutter and a truly awful crowd. Apollo Crews managed to actually get in the ring though, so congratulations to him for that. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted December 14, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 14, 2024 Solo vs. Roman and Seth vs. Punk both happening on the Raw Netflix Debut is brilliant. They couldn’t make it more obvious. Paul Heyman’s favour to Punk was to put a stop to all this nonsense as soon as possible, clearing the path for Wrestlemania to be where THE BIG BOYS PLAY. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted December 14, 2024 Posted December 14, 2024 Poor new Bloodline though. Having to show their power by beating up Apollo Crews of all people. They need to get Nick to hurry up with his new acquisitions. Quote
King Pitcos Posted December 16, 2024 Posted December 16, 2024 On 12/13/2024 at 9:57 PM, Hannibal Scorch said: I wonder if it was because it was not at the Performance Centre? I think it’s that. Nobody watches or buys tickets to NXT, so you might get a few casual buyers by just plugging it as WWE Deadline. It threw me for a moment when they started doing that. I normally just tune out any time they mention NXT but for a second they had me thinking this Deadline was going to be a proper event. Quote
andrew "the ref" coyne Posted December 16, 2024 Posted December 16, 2024 On 12/15/2024 at 8:49 AM, Devon Malcolm said: Chelsea won clean, for the record, which they didn't need to do but I'm very glad they did. A mostly skippable Smackdown complete with mostly pre-taped promos, Carmelo Hayes getting squashed, Jacob Fatu being a total nutter and a truly awful crowd. Apollo Crews managed to actually get in the ring though, so congratulations to him for that. Didn't she beat Bailey in the semi's clean(ish) too? Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted December 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2024 On 12/14/2024 at 9:58 PM, Supremo said: Solo vs. Roman and Seth vs. Punk both happening on the Raw Netflix Debut is brilliant. They couldn’t make it more obvious. Paul Heyman’s favour to Punk was to put a stop to all this nonsense as soon as possible, clearing the path for Wrestlemania to be where THE BIG BOYS PLAY. Yes. Nobody seems to agree with me, but let's get Punk vs Rollins done now, clearing the path for Mania to be On 12/4/2024 at 2:30 PM, air_raid said: Cody vs Rock, Reigns vs Punk Quote
Mr_Danger Posted December 20, 2024 Posted December 20, 2024 It’s Heyman giving Reigns imaginary anytime rematch title shot to Punk to give us the main event we never knew we needed. Punk vs Cody. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted December 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2024 (edited) Badly photoshopping himself into a Triple H pointing photo! Amazing! Kevin Owens is on fire right now. As much as I love the idea of Owens vs. Zayn at Wrestlemania, I’m starting to wonder if they stretch Kevin and Cody out and do the Unification Ladder Match at Wrestlemania instead. It’s not like Cody has anything better to do if The Rock isn’t wrestling on the show. This has quickly became my feud of the year. It makes sense to pay it off on the biggest stage possible. Four or five months of Kevin with the Winged Eagle sounds fucking great, too. Kevin’s promo on this week’s show was the only thing worth seeking out. Threatening that he hasn’t even snapped yet. Brilliant. Someone with a better memory might remember better than me. Is this really the first time Kevin has used a Package Piledriver in WWE? I’m sure we’ve seen him do it before, either on the main roster or in NXT. I don’t care if they try and pretend otherwise, but just for my own sanity. This isn’t really the first time, is it? I’m sure I’ve seen Cena take one. Otherwise, this week’s Smackdown was a pre-recorded, completely skippable, filler episode. The only other thing of note was that whilst everyone else was taking a night off and phoning it in, Nia Jax comedically busting herself open hardway on the ring post. You’d never believe she’d actually improved the last year or so. It’s like she’s doing a speed run regression. Clumsy shitarse again. ”EXECUTIVE PRODUCER LEE FITTING,” also plastered all over the screen at the end. During a women’s segment, too. Triple H might regret that whenever he eventually reads the accusations. Edited December 22, 2024 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted December 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2024 20 minutes ago, Supremo said: This isn’t really the first time, is it? I’m sure I’ve seen Cena take one I remember they did a weird spot where Owens lifted Cena up into a Package Piledriver but then swung him to the side and turned it into a weird side slam thingy (it looked rubbish) so that might be what you're thinking of. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.