Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 I think they almost had something with Sheamus back in the day. When they first turned him babyface the fans were more than ready to get behind his as a fightin' Irish tough badass top babyface I reckon. Unfortunately they did what they always did back then - they turned him into a smiling geek who told lots of terrible jokes. He was absolutely dead in the water after a couple of months. He then seemed to just have endless pointless matches with Alberto Del Rio and Christian for what seemed like ages. They tried pushing him again as a top heel with the League of Nations but that was the worst heel group possibly ever. I remember he had a TLC match with Roman Reigns for the title during probably the toughest stage of Reign's babyface run where literally nothing he was doing was being accepted by the fans and the fans were also not buying Sheamus as a top guy either. They had a brutal, hard hitting and excellent match but the fans are just rough on it the whole way through - it was sad to watch such a good match be so thoroughly shit on but I'd recommend to anyone to watch it back. It's awesome. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted November 29, 2024 Posted November 29, 2024 https://www.instagram.com/reel/DC98MbjSmhe/?igsh=MXAxMGIybXBoMmdqdA== @Supremo we can dream again. Our children (I have a dog, but still) can run free in the fields knowing the danger may well have passed. Boats bob in the distance on beautiful blue water. Wine doesn't loosen my tongue and make me act like a tosser. Everything is good. Brexit didn't happen. They might actually be parking Seth Rollins where he belongs... out of sight and out of mind. "We'll see" I hope so, Punky. I really do. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said: Boats bob Wrong company brother. Jay White was doing the motorboating, I know her name is Marina but really... Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 29, 2024 9 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Wrong company brother. Jay White was doing the motorboating, I know her name is Marina but really... I thought it was Kairi Sane? She yachts. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 I hope they give Sheamo one last main event run before he jacks it in. He's been consistently having great matches for years and seems to be able to bring the best out of any opponent, no matter their style. I think he suffers from just being in the company for so long and for being pushed far too hard and far too soon when he first arrived on the main roster, he bet Cena for the title fairly quickly in a flukey table match after a month or two I think. The crap face and heel run as mentioned above, plus some awful gimmicks (the shitey KOTR run) and Vince-inspired awful nicknames like 'The Great White' obviously didn't help his stock either over the years either. Still, it's great seeing a lad who I once got the bus home with after a tiny show in the laughter lounge in Dublin in the mid 00s do so well. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 (edited) There was a time when the most exciting thing that could happen in pro-wrestling was Tye Dillinger coming out as Number Ten in the Royal Rumble. Nowadays we get Roman Reigns and CM Punk doing Lucha Underground mini-movies. Best thing that ever happened to this business is Tony Khan getting his hands on the Gray’s Sports Almanac and creating this bonkers timeline. I suspect it’ll be extremely polarising. Some will hate it, with all the high school drama class acting and corny music over the top of it. And some will enjoy it, like how much Paul Heyman so clearly fucking loves it. Smuggest man alive. No-one loves the smell of his own farts more. He looks like a pig in shit doing all this, “cinema,” stuff. They must have needed a new wardrobe for Paul on standby for how much he was obviously spunking in his pants shooting this. I wasn’t particularly fussed either way. These two had way more magic in front of a crowd going apeshit, but there were enough teases and hooks to keep me excited. It’ll pay off in the long run. I hope the favour CM Punk calls in is a restraining order against Seth Rollins. This stuff is so many levels above mucking about with Old Cackle Bollocks that it’s not even funny. I can’t let it go now I’ve imagined it in my brain. Heel Punk with Paul Heyman, feuding with Babyface Roman Reigns. Keep the Bonkers Dream Factory going! Rest of the show was mostly filler. Opening promo battle was absolute dog shit. I almost hope @LaGoosh doesn’t keep doing his WWE Watchalong Experiment because this is the type of stuff you’re embarrassed to be watching: They’re unbelievably bad scripting for the women. May as well be using AI. Catty, cringy Change-The-Channel heat. The Women’s War Games match featuring the babyfaces having the advantage tells you everything you need to know about what they think of this division. Remember when Nakamura was the coolest, most charismatic man to ever exist? His downfall needs to be studied. He looks and acts like a bad independent wrestler nowadays. Leisure Centre Jones. Negative aura. Dreadful gear. Dressed in a bin bag. Gargano shouting, “we aren’t losers!” You are Johnny. You really, really are. Kevin Owens delivers again. Excellent package explaining why he is right. Best thing on the show. Best thing in wrestling right now. Kevin is right. Love the old Saturday Night’s Main Event music every time they put the graphic up. Give him the belt. Kevin is right. Jacob Fatu looked good in the main event. He has such an amazing, terrifying face. Beating Jey Uso so clean felt like a declaration of intent. They’ve got big plans for this guy. I’d love to know if they were plants or not, but the best part of this match was the three or four kids in the front row when Jacob gave Jey a Samoan Drop on the announce table, all screaming, “Noooooooo!” as the baddie destroyed their hero. Brilliant stuff. But don’t forget. Kevin is right. Edited November 30, 2024 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 26 minutes ago, Supremo said: Opening promo battle was absolute dog shit. I almost hope @LaGoosh doesn’t keep doing his WWE Watchalong Experiment because this is the type of stuff you’re embarrassed to be watching Ha, this is EXACTLY what I thought watching this. It was an utter mess. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 They've got a lot of talented women but they're doing a terrible job of booking them. There's not enough decent storylines between them. And that's often been a problem in the division. Quote
The King of Old School Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 I really dislike that all tournament matches for any belt now seem to be triple threats. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 20 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Ha, this is EXACTLY what I thought watching this. It was an utter mess. I'm definitely watching this now. Can't be any worse than the Adam Cole/MJF stuff on Dynamite at the moment. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 39 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: I'm definitely watching this now. Can't be any worse than the Adam Cole/MJF stuff on Dynamite at the moment. Better a paper-thin story, I suppose, than any story involving Adam Cole’s band of buddies… (And if you’re doing requests, definitely do watch the Punk/Reigns stuff and share your thoughts, please!) Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 Not entirely my cup of tea but I enjoyed the Punk/Roman/Heyman stuff mainly because it was a clever way to get people to watch a pre recorded show. "You may know the results of the matches but you didn't see this!" - and it ended on a cliffhanger. Great work. Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 7 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: Not entirely my cup of tea but I enjoyed the Punk/Roman/Heyman stuff mainly because it was a clever way to get people to watch a pre recorded show. "You may know the results of the matches but you didn't see this!" - and it ended on a cliffhanger. Great work. K-Fogg just fell to his knees in a Richer Sounds. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted November 30, 2024 Posted November 30, 2024 (edited) I hope... Gunther continues his journey to semi-facery. Punk faces Gunther for the title. Heyman's favour for Punk is costing Gunther the title (sorry lads, but we've got to make sacrifices if Seth is to be properly excluded.) A newly heel Punk faces babyface Roman for the big Gold belt as the first feud of the new Netflix era on Raw, with a conflicted Heyman unsure what to do. ? You think you're special, you do... no not you Seth, sit down you fucking sausage ? Edited November 30, 2024 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 30, 2024 1 hour ago, RedTwoster said: And if you’re doing requests, definitely do watch the Punk/Reigns stuff and share your thoughts, please!) My thoughts (nothing unexpected or hugely original): - the general content of this would have been a decent segment in the ring in front of a live crowd. - as a piece of television it was absolutely awful. If WWE want to be seen as a proper TV show rather than just as a trashy wrestling show with real acting, lighting, end credits etc. which they CLEARLY do then it should be judged by the same standards as a proper TV show. By any artistic metric (script, music, lighting, acting) you can judge something by this was bottom of the barrel and terrible. Worse than any bargain bin straight to streaming action film starring Steven Seagal. - why do fans even want to see stuff like this? Why see something that takes away everything special, unique and wonderful about this great sport to see it presented as a really low rate embarrassing version of something else? If you're 7 years old I'll give you a pass but a fully grown adult enjoying this "CINEMA"...I dunno, man. That makes me uncomfortable. - the story behind all this absolute nonsense is actually really cool. It's a shame it's buried under a mountain of shit. - I can't lie, despite everything it actually broke my heart a little to see CM Punk reduced to doing this sort of thing. - Heyman looked like a massive orange bollock. Reigns looks very old and tired. Sorry for the negativety. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.