Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
24 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Oh dear God. Nothing could kill my interest in that title quicker than Bayley winning it. I'm less interested in her than I am in Mercedes in AEW and that's saying something.

While Bayley wouldn’t be my first choice, you could have her do the ‘open challenge’ gimmick, and have good matches against a range of people - perhaps a legend like Trish Stratus, perhaps a TNA or NXT wrestler, perhaps someone from the WWE ID programme - there’s fun to be had from a Bayley US title run. In between all of that you could have Chelsea continually challenge her and lose, before eventually failing a victory. 

I’d still favour a Chelsea win, but Bayley’s absolutely fine. 

4 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Agreed. Establish a new belt, put it on someone up and coming....and then have Tiffany Stratton cash in and beat them. 

I’m not at all in favour of someone using that briefcase on a secondary belt. Stratton should use it on Nia Jax, they’ve done reasons well at building up this eventuality, so to pivot from that would be madness.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bayley is absolutely ice cold as an act. The face turn at the start of the year was really poorly executed and although her and Iyo had a good match at Mania her title run was hugely forgettable. I think at this point she’s far better as a heel. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I mourn for the loss of Bayley from 2015-2019, if only because I truly believed (and still do) that she could have been the closest thing they had to John Cena in terms of drawing a young female audience. My daughter is 4 and occasionally watches SmackDown with her brother under supervision. Few of the female wrestlers have really caught her eye, so we took to showing her a few clips of the 'hugger' Bayley run. Her eyes absolutely lit up at the technicolour and the happy presentation. I guess that wouldn't jive with the Netflix-bound direction of the promotion.

I'm sure Bayley herself would say that she's past all that and that she wants to keep going forward, but it's just such a loss. And I would contend that what she's doing now is even more stale and uninspiring than reinflating the Bayley Buddies could ever be.

  • Paid Members
Posted

An established “main eventer” being inaugural holder of a secondary title is fine, it properly puts over the midcard act that takes it from them rather than winning a tournament full of the other also rans.

20 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Agreed. Establish a new belt, put it on someone up and coming....and then have Tiffany Stratton cash in and beat them. 

 

20 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

I’m not at all in favour of someone using that briefcase on a secondary belt.

What? Only a moron would claim an adhoc shot at the silver medal when it gives them the right for a shot at gold. I completely reject making Tiffy into a Theory-level loser.

Posted

I just got a deal on tnt sports so watched smackdown. Haven't watched wwe in a long time but kind of know what is going on because of youtube and that. I like the story telling in it. I did like it overall I thought the wrestling seemed more clean than aew and more fundamentally sound. However for me the matches are to short. Not every match needs to be a 20 minute match but I'd like at least one in a show. Aew does to many of them at times but I do like it more myself. I feel like wwe is a show you watch more for the story than aew which you watch for wrestling. But each to their own. 

Posted

Gutted I spoiled the closing angle but I couldn't help myself. Awesome stuff. Must have watched it ten times by now. Seeing Roman and Punk share the ring together was really compelling, on a meta level and in kayfabe. Surely they've got to do that match ASAP, before Punk's body crumbles again. Something to keep on the boil for Summerslam perhaps. It's easy to forget this is all a set up for the modern Wargames style of match, which is guaranteed to suck. If there's anyone I trust to get something half decent out of it, it's Punk, but it'll be a struggle. 

Hard to believe the Bloodline angle has been going on for four years now and it's as strong as ever. Crazy thing is it wasn't even the best thing on this show. The Cody/KO segment was incredible. KO always made the absolute most out of shit material. Now he's got something that's actually good to sink his teeth into? Best heel in the business. He's turned himself into a legitimate threat to Cody's title run. Cody was great here too. He has a great sense of when to rachet things up and show intensity. Something I'd have never have thought during his AEW run.

Some of the actual wrestling on this show was quite dreadful unfortunately, but when you're this hot and the crowds are popping for almost everything, I can't begrudge them of working bumfuck Kentucky house show speed. Ford/Ciampa was good though, and it was cool to hear people getting behind Montez. I think both have potential to be larger focal points to the show. They need to get Gargano away from anyone with upside quickly though. Sucks the cool out of everything.

Posted

I'd love KO to win. Really would. I think he's put in a solid shift for years now and worked his arse off but all too often not been THE guy. He's the kinda guy you can so easily heat back up again and buy as a credible threat. And I don't think Cody needs to go on a Roman type reign.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...