The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

If someone had told me at the start of 2022 that I would be skim watching AEW and fully invested in WWE I would have laughed in there face, but here we are.

My usual routine was to watch Rampage first thing Saturday morning but it's smackdown all the way now. Its belting at the minute. Sami Zayn though, I never want this storyline to end.

Also really looking forward to WWE PPV's now, 6/7 good matches on a 3 hour event? Who knew it was that simple. Amazing that AEW have gone the other way trying to get everyone possible on the card, really can't be bothered with there big shows anymore.

Looking forward to Extreme Rules tonight and then the build to War Games.

2 hours ago, uklaw said:

No real complaints about the show and add me to the people loving the  direction the Bloodline story has taken since Triple H took over creative with the layers, etc

Regarding the ‘tap’ in the main event, it wasn’t a blown spot, and instead it was a ‘Brazilian Tap’, where the competitor taps the mat twice to deceive his opponent into thinking he’d given up when the rules state a tap 3 times is what calls a fight/match to an end.

It would appear the error was Michael Cole and Wade Barrett not explaining that it could have been that. I anticipate that will be remedied in comms tonight.

This has to be one of the stupidest things in wrestling. Right up there with the occasional disqualification for punching with a closed fist and hopping on one foot in Royal Rumbles.

Anyway, I’m still not arsed watching wrestling full time again yet but I’ve started watching all the Bloodline stuff on YouTube so that’s something. I wish someone would edit the shows down to about 75 minutes each and let me not illegally stream them for not free. If nobody knows of such a thing definitely don’t pm me the details that I’d instantly report to the police.

Edited by Mr_Danger

6 hours ago, uklaw said:

Regarding the ‘tap’ in the main event, it wasn’t a blown spot, and instead it was a ‘Brazilian Tap’, where the competitor taps the mat twice to deceive his opponent into thinking he’d given up when the rules state a tap 3 times is what calls a fight/match to an end.

This was a finish that I used back in my eFedding days nearly 20 years ago. Nice to know it has an actual name

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Supremo said:

Maybe I’m a dickhead for asking this, but has anyone actually missed Sarah Logan? I can’t remember anything good she’s ever done. Didn’t she expose herself to be a bit of a MAGA idiot, too?

Must have been her excellent mic skills

• Paid Members

Sami making Roman and the Uso's break character is what I love for. Just really top drawer stuff that makes you feel good, because you know they're all having a whale of a time.

Edited by Nick James

Seen the YouTube video of Bray just there, Still blowing out bulbs and ended with spooky nonsense of his split personality on the screen with a video. Why waste everyone’s time with that promo in the middle 

It worked for me. Nice to see them taking a slightly different angle on it all. Certainly far too early to be making any extreme judgements on it.

Rest of the show was solid as always. Glad to have LA Knight back. Rey has some great talent to work with. Sami being Sami. Roxanne has a really bright future ahead of her.

The thing with Bray is I don't think he's going to win over many that didn't like him before. So that's fine. There'll be more than enough that do like him for them to invest time in him.

It felt more towards something like a Mr Robot type vibe than anything and if they're going down that route then I'll enjoy it as that was one of my favourite shows. 

Of course that show was picked apart and over analysed and whatever else but that's half the fun. Bray is the wrestling equivalent of shows like that and Lost etc. You love them or hate them really.

19 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

The thing with Bray is I don't think he's going to win over many that didn't like him before. So that's fine. There'll be more than enough that do like him for them to invest time in him.

It felt more towards something like a Mr Robot type vibe than anything and if they're going down that route then I'll enjoy it as that was one of my favourite shows. 

Of course that show was picked apart and over analysed and whatever else but that's half the fun. Bray is the wrestling equivalent of shows like that and Lost etc. You love them or hate them really.

Thing is, I’m prime Bray fodder when it works.

But, it’s unarguable they’ve made some real mistakes with him in the past, and I’d say the last thing his mix of spooky, magic and long words needed was shoot promos.

It’s almost like they’re trying to complete a ‘things WWE don’t do well’ bingo card with him.

First time watching Smackdown for a long time.  It's basically NXT from 2 years ago.  LA Knight, Hit Row, Legado Del Fantasma, Kross, Dakota Kai, Shotzi... and it's all the better for it!

Bray, Bray.  2 years off and this is what they came up with?  Awful nu-metal music, braids and Woke Wyatt?  And another mask alter ego?  Oh dear.  I was really looking forward, naively I guess, to a simpler version of the character.

The problem with Bray is that it all feels like community theatre which people think is genius but it actually isn't 

The majority want stuff like the Bloodline/Zayn stuff. For its one glaring fault (Jey not trusting Zayn and eventually being right has to turn him face but that's not where the story is going) its a traditional wrestling angle which leads to a match/matches.

Bray doing student horror movies does not have a shelf life. It didn't last time or the time before that