Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Roman Reigns is fantastic in this role, such an actual believable star. Paul Heyman shitting himself when Roman's shouting was just amazing aswell. 

I'm also slightly in love with Billie Kay, she's such a good character.

Edited by Dzeko10
Posted

@RedRooster they could start a new feud but as you say there's little chance of them winning so why waste them.

Another story I'd like to see happen is Reigns and Usos vs Rey, Dom, Murphy, I could see some great promo's and matches, Dom and Murphy as a tag champs vs Usos and Rey vs Roman would be great post Mania 

Posted

I loved how Roman started the show by saying ‘I don’t do recaps’. It made him seem like an actual human and, in a roundabout way, buried any goofy fucker who comes out at the top of the show and inexplicably recaps the previous weeks events.

It amazes me they can script heels like this, with the implicit understanding that doing those shitty recaps IS weird and uncool, yet they still send the baby’s out to do it. So odd.

They also finished the show with some wonderful scripting too. That ‘Acknowledge Me’ was such a blistering, short sharp punch of a line - it perfectly encapsulates the Roman character and what his insecurity is.

They should make a ‘You Will Acknowledge Me’ t-shirt immediately.

Posted
51 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

@RedRooster they could start a new feud but as you say there's little chance of them winning so why waste them.

I’m not quite following your logic here, are you saying that there’s no point feeding them to Reigns because they won’t win anyway, so they’re as well as to have the same person lose repeatedly?

At the rate they’re going, they’ll reach the next draft without having exhausted any of the options they have available to them. 

The novelty, for example, of Dominic ending up number one contender could be fun, Nakamura/Reigns would be an interesting combination, and even Otis versus Reigns could be intriguing. Some opponents may sink, others may raise their game, but it would be fun to watch.

Posted (edited)

I fully endorse Bryan using his rapidly fading stardom to put people over. But losing to 40 year old going nowhere charisma vortex Cesaro is a step too far.

Feel like I (we) say this every week, but god damn Roman is the best.

Edited by Yakashi
Posted

There was an interesting interview with Roman recently. He was practically gushing about working with Heyman, saying he needs him and couldn't picture the rest of his career without him. Swapping ideas over text through the week. Most enthusiastic he's ever sounded.

Got to give it to Heyman. Got the two biggest stars wrapped around his finger.

And yeah. Their babyfaces suck.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not presenting fresh matches because the result is inevitable is a dreadful argument and at the same time, a damning indictment of the company's booking.

Their current audience being so small but hardcore means they'll take anything that's going to be a "good match". So there's no reason not to try someone fresh in the spot. Even someone like Cesaro (I know).

They've just announced the best financial numbers in their history at a time when there is no audience, their TV ratings hit record lows and the shows are, on a critical level, the worst they've ever produced. It doesn't matter what they throw out so there's no excuse for not trying something new. Anything really.

 

Posted

I feel they missed a really opportunity with Otis and the MITB briefcase. I reckon it would of been quite entertaining telly having Roman come out on a regular basis to bully and smash the shit out of Otis to eliminate the threat of a cash in by being on the attack constantly.

Then you have the "victim stands up to the bully dynamic" for a ppv match, which despite a valiant effort from Otis, result in a clean Roman Reigns win to further push his dick head character.

 

 

Posted

Roman screaming into the camera as Heyman was terrified behind him was an amazing moment and genuinely gave me goosebumps,

I haven’t watched these shows in at least a year but I’ve been going out of my way recently to watch him and only him, they actually have something with Roman, an actual heel badass who doesn’t run from anyone, it would be so annoying seeing a baby face who would never back down turn heel and end up being scared of a beat down but they’ve struck gold with this.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say they’re about to take the title off Roman as a SHOCK TWIST.

They just seemed to ham up all night how inevitable it was that Roman was going to win and that Drew had no chance.

I mean, I’m sure they won’t but it’s weird booking to stack the odds in Roman’s favour, make it abundantly clear in the run-up that Roman is going to win and then have Roman just win.

Good show. Smackdown is an easy watch, and is just miles and miles better and less infuriating than Raw.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I wonder if we’re getting a three-way at Wrestlemania. Watching this show, seeing them acknowledge Daniel Bryan’s arc, with Edge flirting with being a whiny prick, I can almost sense they’ve realise how much the Edge thing isn’t working.

Somehow, despite being away for a decade, he already feels like the odd man out and the least exciting guy on the show. It’s honestly as if they gave him the Rumble win without ever considering what the Wrestlemania match could be. With each passing show he feels more and more like the wrong man at the wrong time. All Daniel Bryan has to do is exist on the same show and it’s enough to undermine everyone else.

Edited by Supremo
  • Paid Members
Posted
42 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Somehow, despite being away for a decade, he already feels like the odd man out and the least exciting guy on the show.

Somehow? This is Edge we're talking about here. One of the most boring main event babyfaces of all time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...