When shitarses get over

tiger_rick

I think this depends on how much value you put on look. I mean Tanahashi and Ibushi, for a modern example, are both incredibly gifted natural athletes, hard workers, capable of amazing matches but would they be as over if they didn't look the way they did? And sure a good look is partly genetics but it's also work. To me people like Buff Daddy, Vampiro, Warrior, etc had a good to great look which they worked on. Since a great look is so important and they nailed it I wouldn't call them shitarses. Plus they knew how to work their look. And they all had something watchable about them.

Having said that Vampiro definately becomes a shitarse. And I realise that it may just be that I've found all of the above names have had a watchable quality at some point. And that I'm being completely hypocritical with some of the names I'm about to mention.

Snitsky got way more over than he ever should have done. I like an ugly bastard in my wrestling but he pretty much lucked into a job by being involved in a horrible storyline and was rarely anything but horrendously dull. The Harris Brothers too. Just shit Nazi fuckers. 

Mr. Kennedy had a moment when I realised he was actually a bit of a shitarse. It was in TNA and he was cutting some awful promo while irritatingly chewing gum and then he wrestled and there was nothing remotely watchable about it. TNA was good for things like that because you'd suddenly see guys with more freedom and less great opponents and go "well they're shit." He also looked like an idiot with his cow like chewing and lame jacket. Shit.

You could probably put a lot of ECW talent here but The Sandman is a lucky shit wrestler. Literally got over by being too drunk to wrestle. Arguably had a good look (as in it fitted the character and he ran with it) but otherwise basically just a pisshead.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 3/20/2019 at 8:22 AM, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

Shane Douglas is one for me. 

Everything about him made me switch over:

His look

His promos

His moveset

Everything.

Also that ego, jeez he thought he was on another level in the business in that mid 90s period. 

Nothing about him screamed anything other than midcard to me (at best) 

I'll give him credit though, he made a while career out of the fact that Ric Flair didn't give a fuck about him when he was a greenhorn (get over it mate) 

Fuck off. 

Perfect Strangers is a great tune. Downhill fast from there mind....

Sandman is a great one actually

Can't remember any of his promos

Didn't look like a wrestler - awful physique, basically casual attire

Couldnt wrestle 

Was either always drunk, high or both

Basically all he had was a rousing entrance! 

And...... 

Became a hero in ECW, got a decent paid run in wcw, a run in wwe and a short stint in tna. 

Not bad going for basically a pisshead in baggy pants. 

• Paid Members

Sandy is vastly underrated and forgotten as a heel too. He was an absolute bastard in his role in getting Dreamer over as a babyface.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But he did a not quite shit quarter hour on WWECW that time against Kozlov, how dare they not consider him for a push.

Seriously though, how Dreamer has managed to have the career he has is beyond me. 

Beulah? 

If Foley's book is to be believed its because he took an incredible amount of abuse from the heels in ECW and the fans took him to their hearts. 

• Paid Members

Whatever happened to Konnan? You look at the "Hidden Gems" section on the WWE Network and you'll find a couple of matches when he was Max Moon and Latin Fury (from 1991 and 1992) and he's absolutely tremendous. What happened?

20 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Whatever happened to Konnan? You look at the "Hidden Gems" section on the WWE Network and you'll find a couple of matches when he was Max Moon and Latin Fury (from 1991 and 1992) and he's absolutely tremendous. What happened?

Was going to say the same, Baz. I watched that a couple of months ago and couldn't believe how agile Konan looked. I'm guessing injuries and the 'roids really broke his body down in just a few short years. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

If Foley's book is to be believed its because he took an incredible amount of abuse from the heels in ECW and the fans took him to their hearts. 

It’s the truth. The Sandman feud made him.

13 hours ago, air_raid said:

Sandy is vastly underrated and forgotten as a heel too. He was an absolute bastard in his role in getting Dreamer over as a babyface.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/the-sandman-vs-tommy-dreamer-singapore-cane-match-hardcore-heaven-august-13-1994

Archived