Charlotte’s dad wasn’t too fond of Dave Meltzer either from what I recall from his book. Ric criticised Bret Hart for reading and caring too much about Wrestling Observer back in the day. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The glory of Meltzer isn't in his reviews (in all fairness, I don't see why anyone would put stock in anyone's reviews. Wrestling is a thing of personal taste), it's in his analysis and historical kno

Funny how Eric Bischoff can't remember a fucking thing but is sure about everything Meltzer is wrong about.

I couldn't agree more. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Charlotte’s dad wasn’t too fond of Dave Meltzer either from what I recall from his book. Ric criticised Bret Hart for reading and caring too much about Wrestling Observer back in the day. 

Trusting Ric Flair on anything was your first mistake

• Paid Members

Catching up on episodes of Observer Radio, his reaction to Michael Cole calling Dolph Ziggler a great college wrestler on Smackdown was peak Dave.

“You could say that about Brock Lesnar maybe, but not Dolph Ziggler!”

I know, Dave. It’s almost like it’s a work or something.

I get the point Dave was trying to make. The wrestling business makes women feel like they have to (or used to have to) have surgeries and maintain certain a look to get on tv which leads to feeling self conscious about themselves and their appearance. That’s a reasonable take. Most people would agree that definitely used to be the case, although things seem much better now.

But he did insinuate that Charlotte was having all these surgeries because WWE and the wrestling business makes HER feel self conscious and that’s a different thing. He’s, as usual, putting across his opinions as facts and sometimes, as we’ve seen with other women, it can be offensive and hurtful. This isn’t the first time. I 100% don’t believe he’s being malicious but with his track record, Bryan could do with editing him a bit. The shows aren’t live. As much as he cries about people being out of touch because they don’t like the same wrestling he does, he sure makes a lot grandad foot in mouth comments. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, The Dart said:
  Hide contents

What makes Meltzer's comments more comical is him saying she was written out of storylines so she can go get the cosmetic surgery....yet she appears on the show the next week.

8f541ce4d1c22a0b-600x338.png