Dave Meltzer

Brewster McCloud

Charlotte’s dad wasn’t too fond of Dave Meltzer either from what I recall from his book. Ric criticised Bret Hart for reading and caring too much about Wrestling Observer back in the day. 

17 minutes ago, LCJ said:

Charlotte’s dad wasn’t too fond of Dave Meltzer either from what I recall from his book. Ric criticised Bret Hart for reading and caring too much about Wrestling Observer back in the day. 

Trusting Ric Flair on anything was your first mistake

• Paid Members

Catching up on episodes of Observer Radio, his reaction to Michael Cole calling Dolph Ziggler a great college wrestler on Smackdown was peak Dave.

“You could say that about Brock Lesnar maybe, but not Dolph Ziggler!”

I know, Dave. It’s almost like it’s a work or something.

I get the point Dave was trying to make. The wrestling business makes women feel like they have to (or used to have to) have surgeries and maintain certain a look to get on tv which leads to feeling self conscious about themselves and their appearance. That’s a reasonable take. Most people would agree that definitely used to be the case, although things seem much better now.

But he did insinuate that Charlotte was having all these surgeries because WWE and the wrestling business makes HER feel self conscious and that’s a different thing. He’s, as usual, putting across his opinions as facts and sometimes, as we’ve seen with other women, it can be offensive and hurtful. This isn’t the first time. I 100% don’t believe he’s being malicious but with his track record, Bryan could do with editing him a bit. The shows aren’t live. As much as he cries about people being out of touch because they don’t like the same wrestling he does, he sure makes a lot grandad foot in mouth comments. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 11:46 AM, Yakashi said:

He was never this much of a twat before AEW came around. The amount of trolling he gets about them has tipped him over the edge into the very thing he thinks he’s fighting against. Now he’s just a complete mong on twitter all the time.

Totally agree

even though he is critical of AEW, I feel that he starts to lose his shit when people take them to task on booking ideas and etc, it’s like he get super defensive. He’s way too close to that company to give an honest unbiased opinion. 

On 11/18/2020 at 2:00 PM, Pier Six Brawler said:

If Meltzer is supposed to be shilling AEW he's doing a very poor job because he just comes across as obnoxious. Nobody really believes that Young Bucks vs Kenny Omega and whoever is as good as Misawa vs Kawada or Flair vs Steamboat and Dave just comes across as ingenuous in trying to justify it.

This too

He’s so overboard with his praise for omega that it’s become a total joke now. Omega is good, but if you believe the way Dave talks about him it’s like he’s the second coming of Christ 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Jimmyjokerz said:

He’s so overboard with his praise for omega that it’s become a total joke now. Omega is good, but if you believe the way Dave talks about him it’s like he’s the second coming of Christ 

Christ wasn’t all that in the ring. But he got the crucifix over, I’ll say that for him.

16 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Christ wasn’t all that in the ring. But he got the crucifix over, I’ll say that for him.

Better wrestler than his dad though judging by Backlash 2006

That heel turn from Judas though all those years ago

Edited by Tsurutagun