VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

8 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I used to get it a bit with the alternative thing when I was younger, but it doesn’t really happen anymore now I’m older.

Also agree that usually cat calls are a misguided attempt at impressing a girl. Really though, it’s about showin off to mates and trying to be funny. Really don’t think anyone can call the story hyperbole, like David’s first reaction it is just unfortunate. She’s alright, just vaguely annoyed. I’m sure she will have numerous other things said to her this week from random men in the street. 

To clarify, he called her a freak to his mates but very intentionally loud enough for her to hear. 

Yeah, i'm not doubting it happened, it's just kind of rare from my experience. I know workies get the rep of being male chauvinist types, and in some cases they are, but in my experience any lads who act out of line with women especially are usually looked upon as being dicks by their fellow workmates. With many being taken to task by the older generation if they happen to be there as well.

Most likely that people who work in different environments see it differently, but I've seen more dicey behaviour from the shirt and tie types towards girls in public.

I think there's pricks from all walks of life mind you.

• Paid Members

I'm friends with plenty of girls with coloured hair, piercings, tattoos etc, and I'm sure they'll all be pleasantly surprised to hear that they're not routinely insulted or heckled by strangers after all.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, i'm not doubting it happened, it's just kind of rare from my experience. I know workies get the rep of being male chauvinist types, and in some cases they are, but in my experience any lads who act out of line with women especially are usually looked upon as being dicks by their fellow workmates. With many being taken to task by the older generation if they happen to be there as well.

She’s working now so I’m not going to go question her for more details on it, but yeah I would assume it was a younger lad.

3 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

A girl who works for me had some builder call her a freak in Greggs today when she ordered the Vegan one. I hardly ever get people question it like that to my face, although I have had some ridiculous comments

Was she paying with a $100% bill?  Were the rest of the Village People also in there harassing Vegans?  Did everyone in the shop applaud her courageous life choices?  Will you ever stop with the obviously bullshit anecdotes?

• Paid Members

All this drama for fucking Greggs.

It's fucking Greggs, peddlers of over-priced shite and lackluster pastry. It's hardly the mighty Firkins bakery. It's been a trash heap for years but the second they want to sell their trash to another market people go mental.

Greggs, for fucks sake.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Loki said:

Was she paying with a $100% bill?  Were the rest of the Village People also in there harassing Vegans?  Did everyone in the shop applaud her courageous life choices?  Will you ever stop with the obviously bullshit anecdotes?

I witnessed it happen. Because I was the Vegan Sausage Roll. 

38 minutes ago, Loki said:

Will you stop being such a plonker? A girl at my studio said it in passing this morning and I have no reason to believe she’d make it up. If you really think it is an obviously bullshit anecdote then I really would like to know what planet you are on.

This isn’t even the stupidest thing you’ve said today after reading your thoughts on Toni Storm this morning. 

23 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

This isn’t even the stupidest thing you’ve said today after reading your thoughts on Toni Storm this morning. 

No, that's people having a nuanced and respectful conversation about a complex situation.  I'm not surprised that's a foreign concept to you.