VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members

Hopefully if this goes well they'll start selling these alongside the the meat ones in Iceland for cooking at home. Rarely eat them, but when hanging and I can't face the outside world  it's good to have the option in the freezer. 

14 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Hopefully if this goes well they'll start selling these alongside the the meat ones in Iceland for cooking at home. Rarely eat them, but when hanging and I can't face the outside world  it's good to have the option in the freezer. 

You can get Pound Bakery stuff frozen in store to cook at home.

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

I have now switched to sugar free Coke/Pepsi and low fat alternatives in loads of everyday foods.

Not vegan-related, but switching to sugar-free Coke or Pepsi won't make any difference. Try switching to water instead.

• Paid Members
Just now, David said:

Not vegan-related, but switching to sugar-free Coke or Pepsi won't make any difference. Try switching to water instead.

I drink at least 4 pints of water a day, always have. It's just I like a can of Coke/Pepsi a day too, so thought I'd give the sugar free stuff a bash and it was nowhere near as rank as it used to be.

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

What's the general consensus in regards to morals? It's attention from a big brand for vegans but all the money they make goes into a greatly non-vegan business.

If this goes down well though (which it looks like it really is doing), then surely more money will be invested in coming up with new vegan products. In theory, there will be people that choose the vegan product as an alternative to the meat product, rather than solely attracting new customers that are vegan. The more vegan products that are out there as an option, the better this is for everyone isn't it? 

I can't see that there's much of a moral question to be asked of a "meat" business giving an alternative vegan friendly product. 

My "morals" are simply I eat what I can bloody afford to eat, plus nearly all of the vegan brands are owned by big corporate cunts anyway so there very little way to escape funding non-vegan business unless you cook from scratch or can afford to eat out/buy the mostly more expensive independent stuff.

I'm pretty sure others in this thread have already talked about this better than I can anyway.

*Oof, that probably came across angrier than it should, I'm in a bit of a mood today.

Edited by Merzbow