VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

Just now, tiger_rick said:

Call me perceptive but I don't think he believes you.

Yeah, but I wanted him to say it himself so I could call him a dickhead. Surely he cant be that thick that he doesn’t think a builder with his mates would say something rude/innapropriate to a young girl on her own? 

It isn’t a sob story. I came in with one earlier, she told me what happened when she got one and said he was a cunt. Hardly an unbelievable situation for anyone who has been outside for a day 

I'm more claiming more of your usual hyperbole, I seriously doubt anyone care what anyone else is buying in Greggs. Unless the person in front has bought the last steak bake. Let alone to get so het up about it to shout the word freak at someone.

Edited by Rey_Piste

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I'm more claiming more of your usual hyperbole, I seriously doubt anyone care what anyone else is buying in Greggs. 

Have you not seen any of the comments on twitter over the Vegan Sausage Roll. It’s entirely plausible 

2 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I'm more claiming more of your usual hyperbole, I seriously doubt anyone care what anyone else is buying in Greggs. Unless the person in front has bought the last stake bake. Let alone to get so het up about it to shout the word freak at someone.

Oh well, no it isn’t hyperbole. It was some lad trying to show off to his mates by being a prick. Happens a lot to women actually, there is a whole thing about cat calling. It is a legitimate issue that women are often made to feel uncomfortable from men when they are on their own. In this scenario she was targeted because she is Vegan. 

Notice how I said I hardly ever people question me? Well that’s because I’m a man and the kid would have been much less likely to say it to anyone he felt could give him some sort of commupence.

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Have you not seen any of the comments on twitter over the Vegan Sausage Roll. It’s entirely plausible 

Yeah, but there's a difference between noising someone up on Twitter and yelling something at someone in a shop, isn't there? I can only speak from my own experience as someone who worked in the building industry, but usually I would find that those who worked alongside me would go out of their way to appear cool to young females, not berate them.

Many times their attempts to be cool would be utterly cringeworthy.

7 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Notice how I said I hardly ever people question me? Well that’s because I’m a man and the kid would have been much less likely to say it to anyone he felt could give him some sort of commupence.

Apologies for the double post, and please don't take this the wrong way, but knowing guys who work in the construction industry it would be a guy who dresses alternatively like yourself who would be more likely to get shit than a female. You wouldn't even have to be buying a vegan sausage roll for that to happen. You could be buying three steak bakes and a bottle of Irn Bru and you'd still be more likely to get shit than a female.

Guys who're braindead enough to start that kind of shit in public would think they'd look way cooler by mocking the lad in the leather jacket with his tight black jeans than they would by mocking some young girl.

I could be wrong though, and maybe workies down in Birmingham or wherever are different from the Glasgow lads I've worked with in the past.

EDIT: Just to clarify, either way, anyone who yells at someone for fuck all is a berk.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

I agree with David on this matter. I have tons of mates who are tradesman, and they ae more likelly to try and impress a woman than ridicule them. And he's generally right about singling out blokes who look "different", whever that be geeky looking or "alternative" looking. They will use the opertunity to try and make their mates laugh.

13 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Happens a lot to women actually, there is a whole thing about cat calling. It is a legitimate issue that women are often made to feel uncomfortable from men when they are on their own

And it all starts and is encouraged in the playground "Oh he is pulling her pony tail because he likes her, it's cute really".  The stereotypical vegan to the fragile toxic masculines is a waifish girl with dyed hair, in some fucked up way calling one a freak is a chat up line.  I'm only teasing because I like you, that sort of bullshit is an adult version of pulling pigtails.

Quite frankly, if gayness and veganism wipes out the fragile toxic masculine, I'm off to stick a Greggs sausage roll up my wrong 'un to speed up the process.

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The stereotypical vegan to the fragile toxic masculines is a waifish girl with dyed hair, in some fucked up way calling one a freak is a chat up line.

Can't say that's ever been my experience, and I was someone who spent most of my younger years fucking about on building sites and working as a forklift truck driver, both in the UK and overseas. The number of times I've been in a shop or a cafe at lunch time and saw a lad make a roaring cunt of himself in order to try and impress some girl from a nearby office is numerous.

I've seen them pretend that they read books, pretend that they listen to shite music and all sorts, just to get a smile and a chance to talk to the girl in question. This is usually done with his workmates in the background all mocking him for his efforts.

On occasion the lads in question will even take the piss out of each other in a weird attempt to make themselves look cool to said female. 

Replace that vegan female with a vegan male who looks as though he doesn't watch Super Sunday or read the sports pages though and things can take a rather different route.

• Paid Members

I've always teased girls I like. Because the alternative is to say "I really like you" and there's a 50/50 chance that will result in a "Drop dead". Wasn't worth the risk.

Fortunately, I grew up. And found a mate who'd tell one I liked her.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, David said:

I could be wrong though, and maybe workies down in Birmingham or wherever are different from the Glasgow lads I've worked with in the past.

You’re not. And they’re not. 

I used to get it a bit with the alternative thing when I was younger, but it doesn’t really happen anymore now I’m older.

Also agree that usually cat calls are a misguided attempt at impressing a girl. Really though, it’s about showin off to mates and trying to be funny. Really don’t think anyone can call the story hyperbole, like David’s first reaction it is just unfortunate. She’s alright, just vaguely annoyed. I’m sure she will have numerous other things said to her this week from random men in the street. 

To clarify, he called her a freak to his mates but very intentionally loud enough for her to hear. 

Edit: actually it still does happen sometimes on nights out, but that’s pretty different to Greggs in the morning

Edited by UK Kat Von D

5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I used to get it a bit with the alternative thing when I was younger, but it doesn’t really happen anymore now I’m older.

Also agree that usually cat calls are a misguided attempt at impressing a girl. Really though, it’s about showin off to mates and trying to be funny. Really don’t think anyone can call the story hyperbole, like David’s first reaction it is just unfortunate. She’s alright, just vaguely annoyed. I’m sure she will have numerous other things said to her this week from random men in the street. 

To clarify, he called her a freak to his mates but very intentionally loud enough for her to hear. 

I think the freak comment most probably comes from the fact that I can guess she is heavily tattooed, pierced and has an unconventional hair colour. Rather than her buying a vegan sausage roll. I used to get abuse shouted at me when I had long hair, normally some kind of homosexual slur. One of the funniest was someone muttering "fucking goth faggot" towards me, Whilst I was wearing the oh so gothic clothing of a brown Transformers T-shirt, Grey hoodie and blue jeans.