VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Moderators
1 minute ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I dunno, the article had some really points. Could you explain why you wouldn’t feel less of a man at a restaurant asking to see the vegan menu while all your mates are sat around you having a steak

Because they're my mates, and as a rule mates don't seriously judge their friends and make them feel uncomfortable and doubt their gender just by their food choices. If they did, they'd not be your mates. They'd be arseholes and why do you hang around with them, if they're arseholes?

1 minute ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It means daily mate. A cow obviously won’t grow full size after eating 16kg of grain. Sorry, but you dropped the ball on that one 

I was taking the infographic at face value, it doesn't say that was daily at all.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

It means daily mate. A cow obviously won’t grow full size after eating 16kg of grain. Sorry, but you dropped the ball on that one 

I actually think what it's saying is not either of those things, @Rey_Piste. It's saying that the cow consumes 16kg of grain for every 1 kg of meat that it produces.

It's not obvious though. It's definitely simplified to the point of being possibly misleading in a couple different ways.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I actually think what it's saying is not either of those things, @Rey_Piste. It's saying that the cow consumes 16kg of grain for every 1 kg of meat that it produces.

Well yeah, you need to feed the cow every day and then get the meat from it. So to get 1,100kg of beef you have had to feed it 17,600 kg of grain. You still have 2 people consuming the resources that could support 20 people.

Millions of children are out there starving so while someone contributes to that, I’m going to struggle believe they are genuinely factoring in the needs of other people when discussing this topic.

9 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Well yeah, you need to feed the cow every day and then get the meat from it. So to get 1,100kg of beef you have had to feed it 17,600 kg of grain. You still have 2 people consuming the resources that could support 20 people.

Millions of children are out there starving so while someone contributes to that, I’m going to struggle believe they are genuinely factoring in the needs of other people when discussing this topic.

As I have already said though, is the grain for the most part is mostly leftovers from alcohol production. Also most cattle predominantly eat grass, it's only during winter months and times of drought that they are fed feed. So It's not food that could be eaten by people anyway.

7 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

As I have already said though, is the grain for the most part is mostly leftovers from alcohol production. Also most cattle predominantly eat grass, it's only during winter months and times of drought that they are fed feed. So It's not food that could be eaten by people anyway.

This is false. Most cattle never see grass and only a small amount of the overall feed will be from leftovers. 56 billion farm animals are being killed a year, it would be impossible for them to be fed on leftovers. 

17 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

This is false. Most cattle never see grass and only a small amount of the overall feed will be from leftovers. 56 billion farm animals are being killed a year, it would be impossible for them to be fed on leftovers. 

An absolute shit ton of corn is used to make Ethanol for bio-fuel and the leftover mash is used as feed. quoting from http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2001/08/ethanol-corn-faulted-energy-waster-scientist-says An acre of U.S. corn yields about 7,110 pounds of corn for processing into 328 gallons of ethanol. There are 13.7 million acres of land used to grow corn in the states. The yanks grow fucktons of corn, Today's corn crop is mainly used for biofuels (roughly 40 percent of U.S. corn is used for ethanol) and as animal feed (roughly 36 percent of U.S. corn, plus distillers grains left over from ethanol production, is fed to cattle, pigs and chickens) https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/time-to-rethink-corn/

Edited by Rey_Piste
added links for sources.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Okay. They aren’t coming from a sincere place and aren’t well informed. Because if they were, they wouldn’t be eating meat. 

Nope, still not answering the actual question.

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Meat consumption isn’t the reason  millions of people are starving. 

Does anyone know how I can go back and revote for this as worst thread? Fucking hell. RALPHY DIDNT UP HIS BOOK PRICES FOR THIS. 

Anyone know of any good vegan yoghurts? I’ve tried the Koko one and the Waitrose own brand ones but not keen to be honest.