VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

More good news, Maccy D's are now selling veggie Happy Meals. It's a red pesto goujon wrap, they call it veggie although there's no dairy but due to where it's cooked they can't call it vegan.

This is one thing I can't believe has taken so long.

1 minute ago, deathrey said:

Maccies current veggie burger inedible so this new one should be an improvement. Hopefully the current one will be removed from the menu.

I think it's just for happy meals at the minute. I know my veggie friend just orders cheese lettuce tomato and big mac sauce as a burger with chips. Instead of eating their veggie burgers.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, deathrey said:

Will the veggie burger also contain the goujons? I hope the old burgers are all thrown on a bonfire and the recipe alongside it.

Yep. The falafely patty is gone. The goujons are in all 3 things. Had the wrap today and was very impressed 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

48429873_10156779041155053_5451218521247

But where do meat eaters get their protein from tho? ;)

As I said earlier the meat content in a Greggs sausage roll is neglible. I got a vegan this evening and it tasted like the same greyishpinkslurry. Actially there's probably more meat in the vegan one.

Filled a hole

10 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Was a massive line in Greggs on lunch today and overheard a few people ordering the vegan roll so assume the line was due to that.

Absolute stroke of marketing genius by the looks of it, with Piers Morgan providing a helping hand as well. Makes sense when you think about it really, Greggs already has the unhealthy meat-eating market in its pocket, so why not add the unhealthy non-meat eating market as well? 

McDonalds would be missing a trick if they didn't get involved, which it looks like they are, so fair play to them.

Me? I'll stick to my grilled chicken breast, brown rice, spinach and tomato lunches. Sure, my morals may be in the toilet, but I'll be able to live with that I think.

• Paid Members

Think I'm going to try and try a Vegan roll at the weekend. In the past, I have always been able to tell the difference between low fat/sugar free/meat free alternatives a mile away, but either my palate has died a sorry death or the advances in manufacturers ability to replicate the real thing has got tonnes better. I have now switched to sugar free Coke/Pepsi and low fat alternatives in loads of everyday foods. Who knows, maybe I will love some of the Vegan options too and cut down my meat consumption?