VeganMania

UK Kat Von D

6 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Please tell me that you fed it to them whilst tattooing at the same time. That'd be brilliant.

Been doing the back of his head all day so it would have been rather impractical. I offer to buy all my customers Vegan food on day sessions, it’s a really good way to introduce people to new stuff because they are usually too polite to say no. 

7 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I offer to buy all my customers Vegan food on day sessions, it’s a really good way to introduce people to new stuff because they are usually too polite to say no. 

What if they say no thanks, but you can buy me a steak bake or a burger?

EDIT: I should probably add that this is a genuine question. I'm curious as to how you'd approach a situation where you'd made the offer, but the person has asked for a meat-based snack. Do you try to convince them otherwise? I guess if they've never tried vegan food and it's not costing them anything then what do they have to lose, right?

Edited by David

• Awards Moderator

The most astonishing thing about all of this is that Greggs' sausage roll contains meat at all! /dadjoke 

I am definitely doing a side by side try of these. Just none of the bloody shops near me unfortunately. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The most astonishing thing about all of this is that Greggs' sausage roll contains meat at all!

My mate said Greggs were planning on selling a 10p sausage roll. I said it was bollocks but he reckons there'll be brains in there too. 

15 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

My mate said Greggs were planning on selling a 10p sausage roll. I said it was bollocks but he reckons there'll be brains in there too. 

The majority of their "meat" is power washed off the carcasses of animals and made into a pulp with added soy protein. I believe all animal brains are off the menu because of CJD and "Mad Cow Disease". I know certain cuts of meat like tomahawk steak or T-bones were restricted for a while because of the same risks during height of the hysteria.

2 hours ago, David said:

What if they say no thanks, but you can buy me a steak bake or a burger?

EDIT: I should probably add that this is a genuine question. I'm curious as to how you'd approach a situation where you'd made the offer, but the person has asked for a meat-based snack. Do you try to convince them otherwise? I guess if they've never tried vegan food and it's not costing them anything then what do they have to lose, right?

I’d just say no. I’m not going to order two separate lots of food from two different places at the same time. If they only want meat we have a Subway, Tesco, pizza place, cafe and chippy about 30 second walk from the shop. It isn’t standard practice for the tattooist to buy lunch for their customers anyway.

No one has ever said that though, it’s usually just “nah I’m okay Thankyou.” 

Edited by UK Kat Von D

More good news, Maccy D's are now selling veggie Happy Meals. It's a red pesto goujon wrap, they call it veggie although there's no dairy but due to where it's cooked they can't call it vegan.

According to a spokesperson for the company, all the ingredients in the new Veggie Happy Meal Wrap and the Spicy Veggie Wrap are dairy-free and vegan. However, the tortilla wraps pass through the same toaster as the buns, which do contain milk.

• Paid Members

Was a massive line in Greggs on lunch today and overheard a few people ordering the vegan roll so assume the line was due to that. Heard it was £1.50 which is the same price as a Pasty so not too bad.

Might try one tomorrow.