Chippy Tea

Onyx2

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Being from the south, I'll assume that green shit is mushy peas?Ā 

Ā 

Southern chippies must be the fucking worst.

Mushy peasĀ āœ–ļøĀ 

GravyĀ āœ–ļøĀ 

Curry SauceĀ āœ–ļøĀ 

Dog's dicksĀ āœ”ļø

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Southern chippies must be the fucking worst.

Mushy peasĀ āœ–ļøĀ 

GravyĀ āœ–ļøĀ 

Curry SauceĀ āœ–ļøĀ 

Dog's dicksĀ āœ”ļø

No kebabs either.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Don't lump us all in with Bacon's shite chippies.

Nah, the chippies I have had in the last couple of years have been excellent, may very well have offered mushy peas, but I've either not noticed, or just never thought to notice.

Wiltshire prick.

• Paid Members

Generally speaking, unless they're on the coast, southern (well, southeastern) chippies don't tend to be very good. Obviously you get exceptions, but they're usually inordinately expensive.

Best ones I ever went to were in Cleckheaton or Heckmondwike near my mum's hometown, or in Scotland - there was one that won an award back in 1997 for Best UK Chippy, think it was in Gourock (though not sure now).

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I hate mushy peas, but they're in every chippy I've ever been in the south, so no idea what Bacon's on about.Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

may very well have offered mushy peas, but I've either not noticed, or just never thought to notice.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

I find this whole tale of yours odd, Bacon. It's arguably the third most recognisable part of a chippy tea. Are you going to the fish and chip shops blindfolded or something?

I don't eat fish so I couldn't tell you what fish they sell either!

As such I really only scan for chips, sausages, pies and picked eggs/gherkins and don't pay attention to the other bits and bobs.

However if the local does indeed sell mushy peas, I will get it next time I go for a dogs dick.

Ā 

11 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Ambleside. Stunning effort.

31D032D0-97C5-424F-AF57-6103C8CAC6E7.thumb.jpeg.4f7d8e544ef120254fda0a8414f4c17e.jpeg

Could have done with better gravy distribution, but Iā€™m just being picky. Solid 9.

Ā 

This is so perfectly North West chippy tea* I kind of wish it was Steak and Kidney pudding swimming in that gravy and mushy pea goodness. That may well have given our southern friends Scanners style head explosions though.

Ā 

*Best in the world chippy tea!