Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

If Fellaini didn't have the hair he does, he wouldn't be seen as much of a joke and wouldn't get as much flak.

I don’t think the hair affects the critic of his performance. Jesus, look at players in the 90’s like Gullit. He wasn’t seen as a joke because he was a good player

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

If Fellaini didn't have the hair he does, he wouldn't be seen as much of a joke and wouldn't get as much flak.

Nah. His hair is seen as a quirk. It's that first season at United where he looked like he forgot how to play football that made him into a bit of a joke, despite having good spells since.

Just now, Devon Malcolm said:

Henry Cavill looks far better with the moustache than without it.

Innit. They couldn't even conquer its mightiness with CGI.

• Paid Members

The Killing Joke isn't anywhere near as good as Batman's best books. It's juvenile and entirely misses the point of the Joker. Further more the animated DCU version is a pretty good adaptation of it. It's still annoying and obnoxious but in the exact same way.

EDIT - I too always liked Alex Shane

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Innit. They couldn't even conquer its mightiness with CGI.

He looks far tougher with facial hair. He's far too clean-cut without it, he doesn't look convincing in an action role when clean shaven.

• Paid Members

How Soon Is Now stands out awkwardly for The Smiths. It's an excellent song and perhaps their most recognisable, but it is very different to the rest of their catalogue. But it's perhaps a good hook to get the casual listener into more of their more moody tracks like Last Night I Dreamt The Somebody Loved Me and That Joke Isn't Funny Any More and then expand from there. Just a shame the vocals on all of them comes from such a thunderous twat - thankfully not at an Ian Watkins level though that would render all of it into a woodchipper.

Anyway, I think that corporal punishment should be reintroduced into this country both at schools and also as a judicial punishment.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

You bunch of Smiths amateurs.  I sneer at you in a condescending manner.  Anyone worth their salt knows Golden Lights was the worst moment in Smiths history.

Also, stop confusing being a great artist with influence and legacy.  Honestly, that list Bombcar posted? A case can be made for them being as influential as The Beatles, Kraftwerk or Moroder?  Stock Aitken and Waterman are more influential on modern music than Janis Joplin.

You honestly think Presley, King, and Dylan were just great artists and not influential? 

1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

You honestly think Presley, King, and Dylan were just great artists and not influential? 

Presley was, granted, but the other two didn't change pop culture or music the way The Beatles, Kraftwerk or Moroder have.