Post An Unpopular Opinion

Keith Houchen

• Moderators

Definitely look it up Danger. If you type it into YouTube you should get a five minute clip of the most awkward bits. It's well worth a watch.

I'd like to hear what Jerry Seinfeld thinks, as a friend of both men, but also a guy who doesn't seem to mind telling his friends when they're talking shit.

I remember Mike and I saying before how Gervais never experienced the circuit, his stand up shows started when he was already popular, so he has always had an audience who loved him.  He hasn't been booed offstage or heckled or anything like that so he hasn't developed the chops other comedians have.  For an example of him thinking on his feet, look at his dazzling performance at Wembley when he had to fill in between bands.

I saw a clip of a show where he basically invented online trolls so he could call his critics nerds.  For someone whose whole schtick is to offend, he really has a thin skin and I think because of his lack of a less than idolising audience in his career, his skin hasn't had to harden.

• Paid Members

Gervais is indeed a total wanker and hasn't grown out of that faux-edgy "Everything is so PC these days, amirite?!?" attitude that most 14 year olds have. His fans are worse though, like most twats with any moderately popular online presence, and will jump to defend him at any possible critique. 

2 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Fallout 3 is the best fallout game and fallout 4 is naff.... 

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

I think that's the general consensus isn't it?

Fallout New Vegas though may be also considered best or on par with 3.

I actually really, really liked Fallout 4. Fallout 3 had more flexibility in terms of character building but I've enjoyed exploring Boston more than I did exploring DC (not say that FO3 is bad or anything, I loved it). FO3 came out at a time when all 'big' games had the same colour palette of murky greens and dark browns, so while it looked how a nuclear wasteland should look, it lacked the colour and variety that FO4 had, regardless of how unrealistic that may be.

• Paid Members

I've never worked in an office, but people who I know who have tell me that The Office pretty much nails it and that most of them could identify the different characters in people they had worked with. 

On the other hand though I am an absolute bellend, and I recognise that Gervais is one of the premier league bellends. If you wanted to sign him for Bellendchester United from his current team Real Bellend you would have to pay Neymar levels of money for him. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

On the other hand though I am an absolute bellend, and I recognise that Gervais is one of the premier league bellends. If you wanted to sign him for Bellendchester United from his current team Real Bellend you would have to pay Neymar levels of money for him. 

I thought he was going to Hertha Bellend?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

This is a thread for Unpopular Opinions.

I know there is a lot of love for the recent MI movies, but I know lots of people cannot stand HIM. For example, I made my wife watch Edge of Tomorrow and even though she enjoyed the film she moaned about him being in it and refuses to watch stuff with him in.

Yet loves John Travolta so go figure

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

I know there is a lot of love for the recent MI movies, but I know lots of people cannot stand HIM. For example, I made my wife watch Edge of Tomorrow and even though she enjoyed the film she moaned about him being in it and refuses to watch stuff with him in.

Yet loves John Travolta so go figure

Right, and I know people who are the same, but that's Tom Cruise the person. Sure, many people don't like him but it isn't unpopular to say he is a fine action actor.  I'd say if it wasn't for the Scientology, he'd be loved and would be nominated in D-Mal's thread.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I actually really, really liked Fallout 4. Fallout 3 had more flexibility in terms of character building but I've enjoyed exploring Boston more than I did exploring DC (not say that FO3 is bad or anything, I loved it). FO3 came out at a time when all 'big' games had the same colour palette of murky greens and dark browns, so while it looked how a nuclear wasteland should look, it lacked the colour and variety that FO4 had, regardless of how unrealistic that may be.

Same here. I think the unpopular opinion is actually to prefer FO4, but I'm with you. The characters were more fleshed out and like you I enjoyed Boston far more than DC. I think a big reason for that is because DC was a nightmare in terms of accessability- the centre was very difficult to get around as debris blocked so many routes. Oh, and I got tired of walking through the Subway system pretty quickly.

Plus, it didn't have Nick Valentine. It also didn't have that lazy prick Preston Garvey, so swings and roundabouts.

36 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I've never worked in an office, but people who I know who have tell me that The Office pretty much nails it and that most of them could identify the different characters in people they had worked with.

I'd not long started working in my first office job when the show was on TV, and yeah it's definitely relatable from my experience. Especially to a certain type of company, like the one I was working for at the time.

Edited by PunkStep

Mick Mars (from Motley Crue) was a very underrated lead guitarist. Not sure what he's been doing since the band split up (I know he's had health problems) but for me, in his day, he was up there with the best of them as far as the rock music genre goes anyway.