Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I enjoy anyone that doesn't employ McManaman. I don't care if he won a Champions League, he's pure earAIDS.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I enjoy anyone that doesn't employ McManaman. I don't care if he won a Champions League, he's pure earAIDS.

"Jordan with a great ball there to Bobby Firmino, who passed it in for Mo to finish"

You're not their mate, you retired before most of them started playing. Stop calling them by their first names. Having to hear him spaff in his pants repeatedly during the semi final last week made the whole experience even worse. 

Jenas was equally bad. I hate him more than McManaman. The only person I regularly turn the volume off for.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

What's Trevor Francis do these days?

He's just released his autobiography. There's a book signing in Brum upcoming with Trev, I'm popping along to get a copy signed for my Wednesday supporting mate. 

• Paid Members

Looks like Berwick Rangers will be playing in the Lowland League next season. Unless they can overcome a 4 goal deficit in the second leg of the playoff final tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Looks like Berwick Rangers will be playing in the Lowland League next season. Unless they can overcome a 4 goal deficit in the second leg of the playoff final tomorrow. 

Do they still sing the “I wanna be a Berwick Ranger” song? 

The highlight of the They Think It’s All Over VHS release in the 90s.

• Paid Members

I've not had chance to go to a game in a few years, as our friends who lived near Shielfield Park have moved into your actual Scotland now. I pay a quid a year to be a shareholder in the club and be a member of the supporter's club. Some very dubious refereeing robbed them of a win over Rangers when they were in League two a couple of years ago. They made the promotion play-offs that year and missed out on the final by a goal if I recall correctly. It's been a steady decline since then. It'll certainly take some work to recover from this.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Had him on a stream from (I think) Canada recently and he is one of the worst I’ve ever heard.

Personally, I’ve never understood the fetish for ex players as pundits as much as we do in this country. Just because they played, they assume we’re interested in what they have to say 

I’d rather listen to knowledgeable people like Michael Cox or James Horncastle talk about football than Kevin Kilbane (picked at random, nothing massively against him)

They way people talk and think about football generally is so basic that any old fucker can do it, so I suppose the producers think it might as well be someone you recognise. 

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

An interesting little fact.

Ooh, me too.

Liverpool finished runners-up with 97 points – the highest total in English top-flight history for a second-placed team.

23 minutes ago, gmoney said:

They way people talk and think about football generally is so basic that any old fucker can do it, so I suppose the producers think it might as well be someone you recognise. 

Very true, but the most interesting football programme of the last few years was The European Football Show with Rafa Honigstein, Julien Laurens, James Horncastle and James Richardson and I only knew Jimbo out of that lot.