Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Porkchopcash said:

An interesting little fact.

On 5/12/2019 at 5:55 AM, Porkchopcash said:

in sad news, this is my final post in the EPL thread. See you all next season soccer fans 

• Paid Members

I used to love listening to matches on the radio when Sunderland played at Roker Park. It was such a shite operation, that you could hear people at 3 in the afternoon shouting "put a cross in you daft cunt!" as the commentary was taking place. No apologies needed. It was a mans game back then. Grrrr.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Looks like Berwick Rangers will be playing in the Lowland League next season. Unless they can overcome a 4 goal deficit in the second leg of the playoff final tomorrow. 

Match should be getting more coverage. Berwick Rangers will be f*cked if they go down to the Lowland League. Got to be the "biggest" team to go down there. A lot of people will lose a lot of jobs. Horrible situation. Kind of "big name" club back in the day, but Cove Rangers will have deserved it, they've been snapping to get into the league for years.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Berwick lost the second leg 3-0, meaning a 7-0 aggregate loss. Good luck to Cove Rangers in Scottish League 2.

• Paid Members

Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth for £13m. City club record sale.

• Paid Members

And with that Cup Final complete so to draws to a conclusion of a season that live with me for a lifetime. 

As a Wolves fan I have had to endure countless seasons of obscurity, whilst listening to tales of the 70s from my old man and the 50s from my Grandad, when we ruled the world no less. 

I however was born after the Bhatti Brothers had a go at running a football club, and dis nothing but run it into the ground. I grew up on going to work with my mom in the school holidays, because the flats she cleaned overlooked Molineux carpark so I could watch Bully and Mutchy train. 

We had a few promotions here and there, a couple even saw me witness in top flight, but never did I as a Wolves fan think I would enjoy the football in the Prem, Sir Jack has spent his millions way to early to compete, and Steve Morgan was happy with 17th or parachute payments each season. 

Our last season in League One, although embarrassing was exceptionally enjoyable, the fanbase seemed to come together and we just had a bloody good laugh at games. But I can't honestly ever remember enjoying football as much as when Nuno took over the reigns. And especially not as much as this season. 

We thrived, instead of survived, and for the first time in my lifetime I can say that I'll get to go and see Wolves in European competition. Brought up on the notion Wolves were one of the key reasons European competition exists, I finally get to see it for myself. 

This season has been the greatest of my lifetime and I'm truly looking forward to the Wolves journey progressing rather than as normal, stagnating. 

Just hope we don't do a Burnley! 

Edited by Teedy Kay