Paul Hardcastle's Domestic Football 18/nuh nuh nuh 19

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

And with that Cup Final complete so to draws to a conclusion of a season that live with me for a lifetime. 

As a Wolves fan I have had to endure countless seasons of obscurity, whilst listening to tales of the 70s from my old man and the 50s from my Grandad, when we ruled the world no less. 

I however was born after the Bhatti Brothers had a go at running a football club, and dis nothing but run it into the ground. I grew up on going to work with my mom in the school holidays, because the flats she cleaned overlooked Molineux carpark so I could watch Bully and Mutchy train. 

We had a few promotions here and there, a couple even saw me witness in top flight, but never did I as a Wolves fan think I would enjoy the football in the Prem, Sir Jack has spent his millions way to early to compete, and Steve Morgan was happy with 17th or parachute payments each season. 

Our last season in League One, although embarrassing was exceptionally enjoyable, the fanbase seemed to come together and we just had a bloody good laugh at games. But I can't honestly ever remember enjoying football as much as when Nuno took over the reigns. And especially not as much as this season. 

We thrived, instead of survived, and for the first time in my lifetime I can say that I'll get to go and see Wolves in European competition. Brought up on the notion Wolves were one of the key reasons European competition exists, I finally get to see it for myself. 

This season has been the greatest of my lifetime and I'm truly looking forward to the Wolves journey progressing rather than as normal, stagnating. 

Just hope we don't do a Burnley! 

I think if you can strengthen the club with a few signings you might not do too badly. 

• Paid Members

I remember when he signed for them, before Sheikh Mansour took over, I was incensed that Arsenal didn't make a move for him. We were crying out for a defender and a defensive midfielder (when aren't we?!) and he ticked both boxes at the time.

41 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I remember when he signed for them, before Sheikh Mansour took over, I was incensed that Arsenal didn't make a move for him. We were crying out for a defender and a defensive midfielder (when aren't we?!) and he ticked both boxes at the time.

You built your defence around him on Football Manager too?

• Paid Members

They'll be some big shoes to fill at City now. I wonder who they'll give the captaincy to now. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

You could copy and paste this for about a hundred other players over the last 10 years and apply it to Arsenal.

Shame really.

Shame to see Ken Griffey Jr leaving Man City. He was the mainstay of what became the best, most entertaining team I’ve ever seen in English football. 

Man City really have been a complete joy to watch, they were the first game I’d look for a stream for. Utterly sensational. 

• Paid Members

Best domestic side I've ever seen. A team full of superstars that manages to be better than the sum of its parts through a generationallly fantastic manager. The horrible bastards.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

You built your defence around him on Football Manager too?

I also love it when a wonderkid comes good in the real world.

By footballer standards, Kompany has always seemed sound, so I've never fully hated him despite being City captain.