Seinfeld

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Is Seinfeld a show very much of its time? Kind of a 'if you watched the original run, you love it'? I've tried to watch it through a few times and never really gone back after a few episodes

The first few episodes aren't great though. Persevere until series 3 and that's when it gets great.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

But then I'd say the same about Sopranos too. What makes you struggle with that?

To be fair to The Sopranos, I tried to watch a year or so ago with the Mrs and she wasn't enjoying it which stopped my enjoyment of it, I've revisited it since, but probably not given it chance of full focus. 

I do intend to revisit it again when I can give it 100% attention.

10 minutes ago, Nick James said:

To be fair to The Sopranos, I tried to watch a year or so ago with the Mrs and she wasn't enjoying it which stopped my enjoyment of it, I've revisited it since, but probably not given it chance of full focus. 

I do intend to revisit it again when I can give it 100% attention.

Ah yes. I'd say 90% of shows I enjoy my wife doesn't so I tend to watch it by myself. I've given up trying to convince her about a lot of stuff!

I can understand feeling like Seinfeld passed you by, it’s soooo 90’s. The Sopranos though? No way, even the awful things they say, do and think stand up because they’re all bastards anyway. Horrible nasty bastards that you will eventually grow to love, even if they do treat you like shit and go home to their wives and families when they’re done with you.

40 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I can understand feeling like Seinfeld passed you by, it’s soooo 90’s. The Sopranos though? No way, even the awful things they say, do and think stand up because they’re all bastards anyway. Horrible nasty bastards that you will eventually grow to love, even if they do treat you like shit and go home to their wives and families when they’re done with you.

Yeah, because they were always about doing things the old ways, so even in the 90s they were anachronistic. 

• 1 year later...

I'm rewatching it again. 

What do you reckon would've been the best film out of all the fake ones?

I reckon it would be close between Firestorm and Death Blow and Rochelle, Rochelle or Ponce de Leon would be the worst.

A reminder of them all: https://seinfeld.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Seinfeld_fictional_films

Edit: Forgot to include my new favourite bit when Frank is talking about being born in Italy. Amazing

"Yeah, that's why I could never become president. That's also why, from an early age, I never had any interest in politics. I refuse to vote. THEY DON'T WANT ME, I DON'T WANT THEM."

Apologies for the weird clip, only one I could find.

Edited by SuperBacon

Watched Seinfeld through for the first time at the start of the year and it’s started a run of watching shows full of horrible bastards that I absolutely love.

Moved straight on to Curb Your Enthusiasm just to see if Larry David was a key factor in how good Seinfeld was and that’s fantastic too. Then moved on to Always Sunny.

All great shows and it’s mad how relatable Seinfeld is.

• 1 month later...