Seinfeld

IANdrewDiceClay

Fuck, more time has passed between now and the original run of Seinfeld than the old 70's sitcoms i used to watch when i was off school in the 90's. Taxi and Butterflies was more contemporary then than Seinfeld is now. It's very depressing.

• 1 month later...

As I have no life, whilst I’m rewatching again, I’ve been taking note of the VHS tapes that Jerry has in his apartment:

Arachnophobia, Goodfellas, two copies of True Colours, Childs Play 2, Pretty Woman, Back to the Future 3, The Crying Game, The Hunt For Red October, a Benny Hill take, a golfing tape, a World Cup tape, and copies of Sim City and Tetris for his computer.

He also has at any one time, 11 different cereals. 

• Paid Members

Whenever people on other forms of social media start talking about how "we live in a society" it always reminds me of when George said it in the Chinese restaurant episode.

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Whenever people on other forms of social media start talking about how "we live in a society" it always reminds me of when George said it in the Chinese restaurant episode.

That episode cracks me up every time. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, David said:

That episode cracks me up every time. 

There's a .gif of it as well, so I try and comment with it.I need to remember wbere I'd watched up to on Amazon. It seems to have lost track.

6 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm mid-way through season 5 in my rewatch and the lasting thought about the show is how much it actually makes me laugh compared to a lot of modern comedies. I may grin at a few things but on the whole I definitely find the older ones much funnier.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/9/2019 at 12:16 AM, SuperBacon said:

As I have no life, whilst I’m rewatching again, I’ve been taking note of the VHS tapes that Jerry has in his apartment:

Arachnophobia, Goodfellas, two copies of True Colours, Childs Play 2, Pretty Woman, Back to the Future 3, The Crying Game, The Hunt For Red October, a Benny Hill take, a golfing tape, a World Cup tape, and copies of Sim City and Tetris for his computer.

He also has at any one time, 11 different cereals. 

Further to this: the Benny Hill tape is Benny Hills Video Follies, the golf tape is called Saving Par From The Sand (there's another but I can't read the title), Wired PC game, a copy of Presumed Innocent, Copacabana.

Jerry also has the following games: Checkers, Battleship, Yahtzee, Clue, Monopoly-New York Edition, Rummikub and something called Adverteasing.

Jerry also at one point has the worst drawing of Superman ever on the side of his fridge which either he or a 6 year old did.

Yes, I'm still single.