Seinfeld

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Elaine judging whether blokes are 'spongeworthy' was definitely a low point for her.

Costanza and the fire was one of his. One of my favourite TV moments ever.

"May have stepped on her arm too."

44 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

You can pretty much pick any moment from George's relationship with Susan (right through to his exploitation of her death)...

He did some other really bad shit. The Bubble boy is a fine example, when he punctured his bubble. He pretended to be disabled to get a job and get loads of extras such as a stair lift. He bought a disabled woman a broken wheel chair. He gets pissed off that a woman stays with her boyfriend rather than go with him so while the man is in hospital he removes his IV. He checks out the tits of the 15 year old daughter of the tv boss. He also puts Bette Midler in hospital. He is the most lovable cunt of all time. 

Elaine does other bad shit. Tries to put the Soup Nazi out of business by releasing his recipes because he will not serve her. Elaine gets the guy from the tv channel to go abroad to impress her, where he dies. She hires Newman to "get rid" of a dog. She also does some bad dancing. 

Jerry is generally very horrible to women. He seems to dislike them and dumps them for little or no reason. 

Kramer tries to sue a coffee company because he spilled it on himself. He takes Jerry's food. He parks in a disabled bay. 

• Members

I didn't watch it until Sky Atlantic put it on, twice through and then just stopped tragically. It was tough going for the first series but it fell into place after that. Frank Costanza is one of my favourite characters in any comedy series ever. The Voice (HELLLLOOOOOOOO) has me in stitches no matter how stupid it is. Drives my Mrs mental as well. That montage of George pretending to be disable with that Sheena Easton song is superb as well.

Not for a moment suggesting it's a better show, but I prefer Jerry Stiller as Arthur Spooner in King of Queens. He never ceases to crack me up in that. I love his unique delivery of lines which stems from the fact he's trying to remember them as he says them.

Can do serious roles as well, surprisingly. Put in a tour de force in a very disturbing episode of the horror anthology show "Tales from the Darkside" (think Twilight Zone) called "The Devil's Advocate".

Still makes me sad just thinking about it. :(

Edited by NoUseforaUsername

26 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Not for a moment suggesting it's a better show, but I prefer Jerry Stiller as Arthur Spooner in King of Queens. He never ceases to crack me up in that. I love his unique delivery of lines which stems from the fact he's trying to remember them as he says them.

Can do serious roles as well, surprisingly. Put in a tour de force in a very disturbing episode of the horror anthology show "Tales from the Darkside" (think Twilight Zone) called "The Devil's Advocate".

Wow, someone actually laughed at King of Queens. Next you are going to say you like everybody loves Raymond 

• Paid Members

Somebody prominent round here liked Scrubs as well. Butch saw to them quickly.

1 hour ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Yeah, such a surprise that a critically acclaimed actor with a 65 year TV and movie career behind him might be good at serious roles.

Completely forgot about this until just now, but not long ago I had to do some LinkedIn training for my old job (probably cos I wasn't be enough of a cunt on it?)

Anyway, half way through the tutorial, you had to post something about your fictional business and the name that LinkedIn chose was Vanderlay Industries!

I quietly marked out, and out of 12 people on my team, no one gave a single shit. So yeah...shout out that Seinfeld fan who devised that training module...

"And you wanna be my latex salesman..."

• Moderators

Yeah, she's great. I'm really glad that she got Veep.

On 24/04/2018 at 12:00 AM, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah, such a surprise that a critically acclaimed actor with a 65 year TV and movie career behind him might be good at serious roles.

I remember picking up a film called The Independent for £3 in Fopp which was a Jerry Stiller film. It's a fun little gem that.

• Paid Members

I haven't seen Arrested Development but the other day I watched Enough Said, pretty much the first time I had seen her in anything outside Seinfeld. Great film and she was brilliant in it.

• Paid Members
On 23/04/2018 at 7:10 PM, SuperBacon said:

My favourite scene in any sitcom ever..."I got a flash for ya joy boy..." Just incredible stuff.

The audience laughing at almost random points is really off-putting. The laughter at the exchange about coffee which isn't funny is horrible. Appreciate it might be just because I'm jumping into a clip with no background.

Surprised you've not seen Arrested Development @Devon Malcolm. It's fantastic.