Seinfeld

IANdrewDiceClay

Great news. I’m a lazy entitled twat who demands hd and no adverts so the bonus of each episode seamlessly running on in to the next will mean I’m definitely doing my first start to finish rewatch. All 4 actually has some of the best content but the menu’s and clunkyness is shocking but expected for a free service.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I forgot where I'd gotten up to when I was watching it on Prime. I should start again when I've finished Schitt's Creek. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Is Seinfeld a show very much of its time? Kind of a 'if you watched the original run, you love it'? I've tried to watch it through a few times and never really gone back after a few episodes, but I'm willing to give it another shot and power through if it holds up in present day to a new viewer.

Its one of a few shows that I feel I have left too long to watch, similar to The Sopranos, on paper, it's a show that is right up my street, but I struggle with it.

Edited by Nick James

8 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Is Seinfeld a show very much of its time? Kind of a 'if you watched the original run, you love it'? I've tried to watch it through a few times and never really gone back after a few episodes, but I'm willing to give it another shot and power through if it holds up in present day to a new viewer.

Its one of a few shows that I feel I have left too long to watch, similar to The Sopranos, on paper, it's a show that is right up my street, but I struggle with it.

To a point yes but good comedy is good comedy. Same with anything really. It's written well and the cast are fantastic together. There are elements that are of its time but I don't believe that would lessen its impact now. A lot of it is timeless really. But then I'd say the same about Sopranos too. What makes you struggle with that?