Seinfeld

IANdrewDiceClay

While I enjoy the 1st 2 series I don't think it becomes particularly good until series 3. A guy I know started it and didn't like it so I told him to just skip to series 3 as it becomes a different TV show. Despite the silliness of characters and storylines you can often find it relatable. It also stays strong to the end which I feel many US sitcoms struggle with when doing 200 episodes. 

23 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I'm literally in the middle of watching the whole run for the first time - have seen individual episodes over the years, but never all the way through. Just got started on Season 4.

Surely you'd have to be at the midway point of season four to be in the middle of the whole run, not the start?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I'm literally in the middle of watching the whole run for the first time - have seen individual episodes over the years, but never all the way through. Just got started on Season 4.

Don't make me bring back the Redknapp Scale.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Surely you'd have to be at the midway point of season four to be in the middle of the whole run, not the start?

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Don't make me bring back the Redknapp Scale.

That's my bad. You were right to pull me up on this. I have lost face.

I really want to change my phone's ringtone to the Seinfeld theme song but a) only dickheads have their phones not on silent most of the time and b) given that I am now going to be both promoting a standup show and doing a lot more standup myself, I feel like having that as my ringtone would make me seem real twattish.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Moderators
1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

It's still my favourite comedy show ever and I find that loads of Seinfeld-isms seep into my day to day life. I agree that it really picks up after the first few seasons and doesn't really let up like a lot of shows tend to do.

Is your username a Seinfeld reference? It always makes me think of Seinfeld, anyway.

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Is your username a Seinfeld reference? It always makes me think of Seinfeld, anyway.

The Maestro is one of my favourite guest characters. That's one of the great things about Seinfeld. The ensemble is perfect, and then you have a universe of hundreds of memorable guest stars who made a distinct impression. 

It's unique in that it sustained its quality till the end, too, dreadful final episode aside.

So many quotables, too, to the extent you remember the ones that didn't land i.e. "anti-dentite".

• Paid Members

I know the whole point of Seinfeld is that they are all terrible, self-obsessed, people but what would everyone say is the true low point / peak of each characters shit-arsery? 

Jerry stealing the last rye bread has got to be his. 

05e6f88d540ea0ebeb9b4cc7d5082771.jpg