The Celebrity Sexual Harassment and Rapists Thread

Devon Malcolm

56 minutes ago, Just Some Guy said:

So the young person involved says it's all rubbish.

Have The S*n done due diligence on this or just jumped at a chance to bash the BBC?

Such a coincidence they published it this weekend and it was all kicking off today, the day Johnson was supposed to give his phone with all his WhatsApp messages to the COVID inquiry. Hardly any mention of that on most news sites 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Should this all turn out to be shite then are either the Scum or the young persons Mother liable for criminal investigation?

Probably not as MET didn't carry out an investigation as they had no evidence to go on. If the sun had named them then I'm sure there would be a civil case.

18 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

Such a coincidence they published it this weekend and it was all kicking off today, the day Johnson was supposed to give his phone with all his WhatsApp messages to the COVID inquiry. Hardly any mention of that on most news sites 

To be fair, there's seldom a day they could publish it that wouldn't coincide with some Tory scandal or other.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Just Some Guy said:

So the young person involved says it's all rubbish.

Have The S*n done due diligence on this or just jumped at a chance to bash the BBC?

Add to that he apparently contacted the scum on Friday to tell them as such and yet, they still published it

• Paid Members

It's a messy situation; either the story is true but the person at the centre of it either doesn't believe it's a big deal or doesn't want it dragged through headlines, or the story isn't true and the Sun haven't done their due diligence and have been grotesquely irresponsible (surely not, etc)

That definitely lends weight to the suggestion that it's a distraction tactic, but I don't think it needs to be - The Sun are perfectly happy to simply not cover stories they don't like and there's an easy and obvious right-wing spin on the Boris Johnson story. They don't need to play these kinds of games, which could easily massively backfire on them.

But for the Sun, in some ways, it's almost a best case scenario if this is it. They've raised the suggestion of the BBC as a corporation that harbours and protects sexual predators, allowed speculation to run wild, and if nobody is ultimately punished, there's still going to be people convinced that tye guilty party is definitely whichever presenter they like least. It all sows distrust in the BBC, which is ultimately what Murdoch wants.

Again, I'm not playing conspiracy theory and suggesting it was planned as such from the beginning,  just that it's an outcome that can easily play into Murdoch's hands.

I think of South Park and the "we've all learned something today" line. I've been guilty of trying to find out who the accused is, heard 3 separate people it "100%" must be, saw the arse pic everyone is talking about. Maybe we shouldn't believe such trash reported in the Sun and be less hasty to get the pitchforks out. 

It’s a strange one. On the face of it it looks like the kid doesn’t want the nation involved but the parents against their kid’s wishes are trying to publicly out the accused presenter due to them feeling aggrieved that the BBC never took what they felt appropriate action. Then you have the bit about them not being paid for the story so it’s not for money nor clout but it doesn’t really seem like the best thing to do for their addict offspring would be to involve them in a massive public scandal. Then you have the fact that it’s the rag behind all this so the unlikely scenario that a publication could be this incompetent isn’t so unlikely.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s a strange one. On the face of it it looks like the kid doesn’t want the nation involved but the parents against their kid’s wishes are trying to publicly out the accused presenter due to them feeling aggrieved that the BBC never took what they felt appropriate action. Then you have the bit about them not being paid for the story so it’s not for money nor clout but it doesn’t really seem like the best thing to do for their addict offspring would be to involve them in a massive public scandal. Then you have the fact that it’s the rag behind all this so the unlikely scenario that a publication could be this incompetent isn’t so unlikely.

Yes, it isn't like The Sun to print any lines on their front pages.

I'll be honest, if it was my kid that I thought had been involved in a crime i'd have probably gone straight to the police rather than the employers and then the nations shit rag, but maybe thats just being old fashioned.

It seems a bit odd that if The Sun has all this evidence of the person doing this they wouldn't name him. They seem to be saying all of it is damning so if it was this cut and dry then they would simply do it like any other scandal. It stinks a lot

• Paid Members

It's going to turn into "who do you believe: the right wing press or a former crackhead?" and it's a really difficult choice.