Perry Posted December 5, 2020 Posted December 5, 2020 44 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Thanks, Mab. No bother. Enjoy Quote
Magnum Milano Posted December 6, 2020 Posted December 6, 2020 On 9/16/2020 at 11:12 AM, Devon Malcolm said: Honestly, it's way better than "Cornish fishing village drama" makes it sound. A great companion piece to Make Up, if you can catch it at a nearby art cinéma. I watched this last night. I really liked the way it was filmed but it wasn't for me. Plus, there is slow moving and then there is the first 35 minutes of this. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 26, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted January 26, 2021 You're not going to see a better film than this today. Quote
Paid Members WeeAl Posted January 26, 2021 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2021 15 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: You're not going to see a better film than this today. Cheers for the heads up D-Mal, I haven't seen that before so I'll have to watch it tonight. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 26, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted January 26, 2021 10 minutes ago, WeeAl said: Cheers for the heads up D-Mal, I haven't seen that before so I'll have to watch it tonight. Don't read anything about it! Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted January 26, 2021 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2021 Watched that on a long plane ride and enjoyed it a lot. Second the recommendation. Quote
Factotum Posted January 26, 2021 Posted January 26, 2021 It is absolutely superb. Cracking soundtrack as well. In my top ten of that year for sure Quote
cobra_gordo Posted January 26, 2021 Posted January 26, 2021 I got over-excited after seeing all the adverts and watched American Animals last night. Fantastic film. Had no idea what to expect going in and wasn't disappointed. Quote
Paid Members WeeAl Posted January 26, 2021 Paid Members Posted January 26, 2021 Really looking forward to it now! I've it set to record already, I'll probably wait until half nine to start watching to allow for some fast forwarding of those Film 4 ads. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 29, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted May 29, 2021 It's every bit as good as its mountain of hype suggests it is. Quote
Magnum Milano Posted May 29, 2021 Posted May 29, 2021 The Silent Partner is on Talking Pictures tonight. I think this is the first time they're repeating it since someone recommended it on here the last time it was on. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 3, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted June 3, 2021 Probably an acquired taste, this one, but it's arguably the greatest Australian film ever made. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted June 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted June 3, 2021 Someone's forgotten about Turkey Shoot, but OK. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.