1 hour ago, waters44 said:

Paul Newman double bill on ITV4 this weekend

Board favourite The Sting today at 12:55!

Tomorrow at 13:35 is The Towering Inferno. I think this film disappeared for a bit after 9/11 but is back now. Tune in to see Paul Newman and Steve McQueen get all dirty and sweaty whilst taking on a massive fire ( and also behind the scenes fighting over who had the most lines!). Not as good as Poseidon Adventure for me but still a really great few hours 

Superb films, but neither will save you if you're on a milk float with a bomb attached to it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Tangerine is on Film4 tonight at about 1:30am if you're into great films about trans sex workers that are filmed on iPhones.

Just when I thought my confusion passed with poor Miriam Rivera and I'd come out the other side smelling of Blue Stratos and Denim shower gel. 

I can't say I won't watch this, but you'll never be able to prove that I have. 

• Paid Members

I was a bit disappointed in Tangerine but I'm very much in the minority. Sean Baker is a really good guy and his other two films, Starlet and especially The Florida Project, are superb.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Wasn't sure where else to put this so thought this was a good a place as any;

There was a little 2-minute segment on Talking Pictures TV at the end of BBC News today (starts around 29 mins in);

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000kc87/bbc-news-at-six-22062020

Mad to think a TV channel with ever-growing viewership (6M at its peak) is maintained by a father and daughter out of a garden shed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...