Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Posted

Robert Mitchum is provably the only person that everyone can do a facial impression of if they try other than Joey Deacon

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This is huge.

A truly great film. This channel keeps getting better.

Good man, just got back out of bed to set it to record. 

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Just noticed that Film4 are showing Nuns on the Run on Tuesday night.  I think it's been a long time since this has popped up on any channel.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Perry said:

Just noticed that Film4 are showing Nuns on the Run on Tuesday night.  I think it's been a long time since this has popped up on any channel.

There's a reason for that.

  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

There's a few round here currently taking in some Hitchcock films, here's another you really need to see. Think it's on iPlayer.

 

Posted

The Lady Vanishes (1938) is on iPlayer too, or at least it was last week when I watched it.  Similarly to Rear Window, it took a bit of time to get going, but when it does it's full-on mystery and intrigue.  It was also surprisingly funny too, especially the fight scene with Margaret Lockwood hopping around and cheering Michael Redgrave on.  I gave the 1979 version a watch the day after, and although not a carbon copy, it's tough to not compare it to the original.  Angela Lansbury was great in it though and I enjoyed Arthur Lowe as one of the Cricket obsessed old-English boys.

  • Paid Members
Posted
47 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

The Lady Vanishes (1938) is on iPlayer too, or at least it was last week when I watched it.  Similarly to Rear Window, it took a bit of time to get going, but when it does it's full-on mystery and intrigue.  It was also surprisingly funny too, especially the fight scene with Margaret Lockwood hopping around and cheering Michael Redgrave on.  I gave the 1979 version a watch the day after, and although not a carbon copy, it's tough to not compare it to the original.  Angela Lansbury was great in it though and I enjoyed Arthur Lowe as one of the Cricket obsessed old-English boys.

Charters and Caldicott from the original were so popular that they ended up crossing over into several other films, most notably Night Train to Munich, which is fantastic. They're also in one of the Dead of Night stories although they're under a different name.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

I couldn’t find a general films thread so I’m posting this here instead. I started a “World Cup of War Movies” on Twitter if anyone fancies chipping in (trying to get more followers). It’s based on the top 100 war films on Rotten Tomatoes and I’ve cut it down to 32 contenders.

Escape To Victory wasn’t on the list, sorry.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...