Members SuperBacon Posted September 19, 2021 Members Posted September 19, 2021 One of the greatest films of all time, Boyz N The Hood, is on BBC2 at 10.45. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 16, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted October 16, 2021 Possibly the greatest British film of the 80s. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted October 24, 2021 Paid Members Posted October 24, 2021 Don’t Look Now (1973) is on BBC4 this Thursday. I’ve never seen it but have heard it’s very good so I’ll be recording it! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 24, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted October 24, 2021 2 minutes ago, waters44 said: Don’t Look Now (1973) is on BBC4 this Thursday. I’ve never seen it but have heard it’s very good so I’ll be recording it! If you like slow, atmospheric pieces then you'll love it, but it can be a patience tryer if you're not quite in the mood for it. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 5, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted November 5, 2021 While we're still waiting for the third one:- Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted November 5, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted November 5, 2021 Portrait Of A Lady On Fire is on BBC Four on Sunday night. I’ve heard excellent things. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2021 It's really bloody great. Quote
Paid Members waters44 Posted November 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2021 Yep it’s fantastic, make sure you get it recorded! Anything on Talking Pictures worth watching this week? I feel like we need @Devon Malcolm to do a weekly preview! Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2021 2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: While we're still waiting for the third one:- Also, for those with Prime, the almost as good sequel is on there as well Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 5, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted November 5, 2021 2 hours ago, waters44 said: Yep it’s fantastic, make sure you get it recorded! Anything on Talking Pictures worth watching this week? I feel like we need @Devon Malcolm to do a weekly preview! We have a thread for that wonderful channel! Dunno about next week, but Sidney Lumet's Child's Play is on Saturday night, one of his less appreciated films, and Ladyhawke is on on Sunday. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted November 13, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted November 13, 2021 Stanley Kubrick’s Paths of Glory is on iPlayer for the next few days. I’ve seen far less Kubrick than I should have so I’ve got this one on this afternoon. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 13, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted November 13, 2021 2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said: Stanley Kubrick’s Paths of Glory is on iPlayer for the next few days. I’ve seen far less Kubrick than I should have so I’ve got this one on this afternoon. It's probably his best film, which says it all. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted November 14, 2021 Posted November 14, 2021 I quite enjoyed this when I saw it. Nick Cave's son is good in it. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted November 14, 2021 Paid Members Posted November 14, 2021 58 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: I quite enjoyed this when I saw it. Nick Cave's son is good in it. If you enjoyed this, there was a film called Sweetheart released last month with a similar premise which was great too. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.