NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

On 1/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, Carbomb said:

I think he'd be a pretty good asset to the NWA as an active member of the roster. He looks main-event, can talk, not too shabby in the ring either.

I always thought his initial NXT look with the cape, rose and the bareknuckle boxer backstory was one of the best new gimmicks in a long time.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I always thought his initial NXT look with the cape, rose and the bareknuckle boxer backstory was one of the best new gimmicks in a long time.

I stopped watching WWE overall not long after. Did his Bullhammer finisher get any better with time and practice? Because it looked shit when he first started doing it.

How good a heel is Aaron Stevens? I honestly can't remember a heel being as funny and sharp but not to the point of getting himself cheered. He's somewhat like a Bobby Heenan or another manager in that he's got the wit and charisma and he's out there willing to play the fool too. He's great for a show such as this. 

Royce Isaacs physique deserves a mention btw. Incredible shape.

I love this show so much. I haven't regularly watched wrestling in about 4 years. They present it so well, the focus is on clear faces and heels rather than flips and trying to get cheap pops, and the broadcast treats it as being legit without insulting your intelligence.

• Paid Members

With a little polish I think no matter where the NWA ends up Ricky Starks will be a star somewhere. Getting early Rock vibes from him and not in a parody/imitation way. 

Like the Lucky 7 rule too, guarantees either a title shot or a new champ before 7 matches.

Rooting for Trev next week. Guy deserves gold.

• Paid Members

I wonder whether it'll be weekly defences. I think we've found how Tim Storm is going to get his world title opportunity. 

On 1/29/2020 at 12:03 AM, PowerButchi said:

That segment between Eli Drake, James Storm, Aron Stevens, The Question Mark and Trevor Murdoch made me smile so much I think I've broken my face. Wonderful face to face between Aldis and Scurll to close the show too.

It was fantastic, Aron Stevens is my favourite character in wrestling right now, he’s so damn entertaining. 

NWA is doing a phenomenal job of making me want to see matches. Stevens/Question Mark is inevitable and I’ll be buzzing for that match once it’s announced. At the same time though, the interplay between the two is so fun that I hope they hold off on it for a while.

Then there’s Tim Storm. He’s fucking brilliant. There’s honestly no match I want to see in wrestling right now more than Storm/Aldis for the NWA Worlds Title. 

I also loved the Aldis/Scurll face-off On this week’s show. As someone who had seen very little of Scurll prior to his Into The Fire appearance, I’ve very quickly become invested in seeing him wrestle for the title. 

The storytelling in this company is just masterful, and you really do feel like anyone could show up at any time.

The only thing I’m not particularly enjoying on Powerrr is The Pope. Granted he didn’t really feature on this show, but he’s distractingly bad on the mic. I didn’t watch TNA while he was considered a hot prospect, but I was always under the impression that mic skills were his strong point. Was he this incoherent back then?

• Paid Members

This weeks might have been their best ever episode. The promos are spot on. Aron Stevens must have been hugely unmotivated in TNA, because he's as good as he ever was as Damian Sandow. I forgot just how talented he was. Eli and James Storm are fantastic as well.

Nick Aldis is cutting the best promos of his career, outside of the time he called Julian Radbourne a cunt in an email.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

The only thing I’m not particularly enjoying on Powerrr is The Pope. Granted he didn’t really feature on this show, but he’s distractingly bad on the mic. I didn’t watch TNA while he was considered a hot prospect, but I was always under the impression that mic skills were his strong point. Was he this incoherent back then?

Pope's an odd one. He's always had this flamboyant way of talking, but it only ever worked when he had something to "sell" and focus on. I think the problem with him in the NWA thus far is that they've pretty much got him "floating" at the moment, doing nothing of any real value or direction, so he's just talking vague, which doesn't suit him. If and when they get him doing something with purpose, I reckon will see a bit of an uptick. 

Right now, I just get the impression they wanted to sign him, but realised they couldn't do anything substantial with him for the moment, so they keep giving him these nothing segments to keep him ticking over for now.