NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

With the announcement of NWA Power airing on YouTube for free every Tuesday from next week, that now means there’s pretty much a wrestling show on every day on some platform 5 days a week going forth

Monday - Raw

Tuesday - NWA Power and Impact (from November)

Wednesday - NXT and AEW Dynamite

Thursday - NXT UK

Friday - Smackdown and 205 Live

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

With the announcement of NWA Power airing on YouTube for free every Tuesday from next week, that now means there’s pretty much a wrestling show on every day on some platform 5 days a week going forth

Monday - Raw

Tuesday - NWA Power and Impact (from November)

Wednesday - NXT and AEW Dynamite

Thursday - NXT UK

Friday - Smackdown and 205 Live

Isn't MLW on Saturday's too?

NWA Power might be a cool little niche product in a already flooded niche market. Will be interesting to see what they'll do with this platform

As for the always increasing volume of wrestling airing. To say we have wrestling every day is a understatement. In this day and age, you have legit around 50 new shows airing/streaming EACH WEEK across all kinds of platforms world wide. It's impossible to keep-up. I've tried 😜

--PUNQ--

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

I've said for years that Studio Wrestling would feel fresh and needs a comeback so I'm super looking forward to this.

Taking everything in to consideration, it’s the thing I’m most looking forward to in wrestling, by a long way.

Joe Galli is/was the main commentator for Championship Wrestling From Hollywood and has lead the commentary on all of NWA’s big shows so far (70th and Crockett Cup). He’s not too shabby, actually.

As for the matches, I saw a report from Night 1 that suggests that most of the matches were under 5 minutes in length and that only Aldis vs Tim Storm went over 10 minutes. No spoilers here, as the match was announced ahead of the tapings.

Edited by uklaw
Tim added. More than one Storm on the roster.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, uklaw said:

As for the matches, I saw a report from Night 1 that suggests that most of the matches were under 5 minutes in length and that only Aldis vs Storm went over 10 minutes. No spoilers here, as the match was announced ahead of the tapings.

Not necessarily a bad thing - if you watch old Memphis wrestling, you're not getting twenty-minute classics, you're getting a few four minute squashes and a ton of promos and character development, and it feels like that's the vibe they're aiming for here. I assume that when it makes TV it'll maybe be interspersed with promo footage and edited highlights of other matches? 

I guess the question is what, if anything, they're building towards, and whether there's still a market for this kind of wrestling presentation.

2 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

With the exception of a couple of names, the roster looks dreadful so I'll be giving this a miss. It's a great concept though!

Yeah, looking at results from the tapings there's maybe three people that have piqued my interest, one of whom I can easily see elsewhere, and a couple of people who would actively turn me off a product.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members

I really like the look of this too. Fabulous looking set up. I'm looking forward to it with some trepedation.

I worry about what they'll actually deliver. As much as that style of wrestling TV show was great once upon a time, the workers and bookers who made it just don't exist anymore. The name Nick Aldis leaves me cold already. As @The King of Old School already said, you don't want to see the same matches that everyone else is having and even worse, I don't want to see indy geeks cosplaying Jerry Lawler and Austin Idol.

I think what will be interesting is how they utilise the TV product - it always used to be a vehicle to drive live events with angles, promos and short 'teaser' matches shown on TV alongside the occasional 'big match' or title change etc.
I'm unaware of any live event schedule, although that would seem like the next logical step but if they intend this to be a regular thing I am all for it.
I'm sure there will be wrestlers I have never heard of but that's not a bad thing as they get a chance to make a first impression.