NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I just thjnk, for as long as hes been around, hes still too green and generic. Plenty of better guys with no interest either. Sespite being a formwr TNA champ (was it the spike days?) How big of a name is he in the grand scheme of things? Hes never had any notable runs elsewhere.

Hes miles better than the British Invasion days though. I always rhoighr he tried really hard and still have him pegged for WWE eventually

Edited by HeavyT

• Paid Members

It could be that what he's hoping to do is go the AJ Styles route by building himself up all over the indy scene, and maybe eventually Japan, so that when WWE do eventually come calling, they'll put him in their programming straight without any time in NXT, and, more importantly, they'll put him under his real name rather than something copyrightable. It wouldn't happen, because if we can see he's still green, WWE can see it too.

Or perhaps he thinks Corgan's on to a winner, that the NWA under Corgan's ownership will become huge again, and this is his route to the big time without having to go through WWE. Again, very unlikely to happen.

Or maybe he's happy to be a big fish in a small pond. 

• Paid Members

I'm sure I read somewhere that Aldis and Mickie James didn't want their child growing up with them both on the road full time. She's (a) older and (b) a bigger star than he is so it made sense for him to work limited dates and look after the kid while she was on the road.

I can only assume that Corgan has convinced him that being NWA World Champion, and the focal point of their revival, is worth the sacrifice. Or he's paying him a shit load of money.

• Paid Members

I think Aldis never fully developed as much as he should have as a wrestler. Due to his size (and the fact he was promoting his own shows), he was thrust into bigger matches over here before he really honed his craft. Similar to what others have recently said in another thread about Big Show, but obviously nowhere near to that extent.

There was always a huge gulf in talent between not only him and Marty Scurll, but also him and Jimmy Starr. Then he had big exposure as one of the main performers in the Gladiators reboot, which I'm sure helped give him a shot in TNA, and he was in a prominent position almost straight away after his arrival. Now he's at that age where it's harder to develop and harder for WWE to mould him into something they want him to be, as he currently isn't an asset in his current form and with his current ability. He's just not worth a pop for them, I'd imagine.

I agree with Carbomb - he probanly is just planning to plug away and hone his craft. He isnt great but you can see he does have some potential. I think hes a good talker. The gladiators thing was definitely what got him the TNA gig as he was originally in a shitty gladiator gimmick with actual roman gladiator looking stuff on as he came to the ring. He improved a lot then I thought, and was under the impression he was actually quite popular with the TNA crowd.

Regarding him and James having children,i could definitely see that. Hes having this huge run with the NWA title but it isnt really the same as being tied down to a WWE contract. I wasnt hearing of him doing much before this other than GFW shows. He could have still been with IMPACT but Im sure he decided against signing.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it very interesting that our main feud is a Heel vs Heel feud. that is pretty rare.

also,what do you guys think of the spiritual adviser stuff?i am a big fan of Jocephus and of NWA's booking,and he is quite entertaining to watch,but i cant help but think the original version of jocephus without the spiritual adviser stuff was more mysterious and interesting :/.

12 hours ago, FFTHEWINNER said:

I find it very interesting that our main feud is a Heel vs Heel feud. that is pretty rare.

also,what do you guys think of the spiritual adviser stuff?i am a big fan of Jocephus and of NWA's booking,and he is quite entertaining to watch,but i cant help but think the original version of jocephus without the spiritual adviser stuff was more mysterious and interesting :/.

Aldis has flipped in whatever direction necessary in order to retain the belt during the crusade. Some bouts have ended in mutual respect and the offers of another shot, others, with a little history have ended in controversy and backstabbing. Aldis and Crimson have a friendship which Nick reneged on in order to win, and he doesn't respect Dreamer. He might be the face against Jocephus depending on how heely he gets with the possible formation of his group. The belt itself is the focus and the 'face' in all of this and I am completely alright with that.

It's unlikely but I can't help but feel Dreamer may win the belt but drop it back before China next month. Billy and Tommy are so close and he's such a mark for the belt that I can't help but feel Corgan may give him a quick reign as a thank you and a social media pop.