NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

I'd guess that perhaps he feels now isn't the right time to launch their own shows, the promoters who book the NWA guys like Storm and Aldis must pay for the most part. With All in and other stuff coming up an NWA show would probably be a bit lost between it all right now.

You build a fanbase first and then get them to buy tickets to shows, much like All In actually. That's what the free content is doing. They're almost halfway to 100,000 subscribers. I wouldn't even consider running a full show until they reach that point otherwise you're just gonna be another indy drawing 300-500 people. They also need time to introduce some new characters other than the guys they've been showcasing.

Anyway, Corgan can afford to run this promotion off of the interest from his bank account. Additionally this Pumpkins reunion tour will finance it forever most probably.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I had absolutely no interest in the NWA until I started watching these video package building up All In. They're absolutely incredible. Some of the best stuff I've seen in years. They've converted me. I'll be watching that 70th anniversary.

I haven't watched All In or any of the buildup to it as I'm not in the UK at the moment but intend to when I get back. However, since Corgan bought the NWA, they've done excellent video packages. I watched a lot of the ones building up Tim Storm Vs Nick Aldis for the title which were excellent, even if the resultant matches were not very good.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

I’ve watched every single one of the ‘Ten Pounds Of Gold’ episodes and huge credit to Billy Corgan and Dave Lagana in particular (but special mention to Sam Shaw, who has a hand in these videos and narrates many of them) and considering all they have is the name, logo, World Title and a cast of a few, very different characters spread over the place, the fact there seems to be a genuine buzz over the 70th Anniversary Show next month is a testament to the intruiging world that has been created over the past year or so. 

They haven’t hit you over the head with it but you’ve had:

-The building up of virtually unknown 53 year old world champion, school teacher, father and grandfather fighting off challengers and against Father Time. 

-His initial battles against delusional Josephus, who got in Tim Storm’s head and went after his family. But rather than just being a 2D ‘type’ Josephus went on his own journey and introduced the viewers to his mute but clearly influential Spirit Guide. His journey dovetailed into his ‘current’ alliance with Crimson on the fringes of the NWA world.

-The introduction of Nick Aldis, with his own story and motivation. That of being the man who barely decided against calling it a day and to go after the oldest and greatest title in Wrestling to make it and himself mean something.

-Josephus injuring of Tim Storm directly led to Nick Aldis winning the NWA Title in the most hostile of territories for both men. And in the process, Aldis gained the services of former champion Austin Idol. 

-Austin Idol showing himself to be almost too entertaining in his own right and in tandem with the champion (and it’s a shame he hasn’t featured in the last few months. Hopefully he resurfaces).

-Aldis going to various countries to defend the title against (20) challengers in 60 days with the aim of adding prestige to the title.

-Then enter the most recent and months long build to All In. And all the human, emotional and real ‘beats’ that were played. The least ‘indy’ Of matches in style at All In had quite the crowd investment both in the story leading up to the event and parts of the match. Both Cody Rhodes and Nick Aldis did well building the match and despite the latter’s limitations they still crafted an engaging match.

And I’m genuinely interested to see how the stories of the 2 men play out and headed to Nashville. And also to see how many of the other cast of characters start to reappear.

Edited by uklaw

I thought they'd hold off on this to be honest until the end of the year. I suppose it will fill this small arena adequately but I'd have gone with an alternative free agent with a name and use Aldis somewhere else. Supposedly they are crowning a 'National Champion' at this show but unknown if it's a tournament yet.