NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Statto said:

I'm not sure which nation considers Nick Aldis a treasure.

Exactly! It just comes across like a nickname (literally) that he thought sounded cool and didn't bother thinking about the actual meaning of it.

• 1 month later...

I thought he was massively improved in the main event of NWA70, I mean, I thought that was a great match and he seemed less sloppy.

There's a lot of speculation about what Cody does come January and this result neither confirms or denies that, especially if Corgan decides he wants to promote a 3rd bout.

It may just come down to the fact that Aldis must be much cheaper to use right now. Or it could be anything. Time will tell.....

• 4 weeks later...

I don't 'get' Aldis at all. He is mediocre at best, hugely inflated sense of self and wouldn't draw flies to shit. Whilst I am no fan of Cody the match build wasn't bad at all but neither of those are going to be Kobashi or Michaels. The problem with the NWA for me is that even if they do go all retro and classic in the presentation (love it!) the fact is they haven't got a STAR to head it. Aldis couldn't even get a WWE contract and he is supposed to be 'the man'? No chance.

• Paid Members

I think Cody could be the star to head it. I'm still a fan of the guy, I think he's a very good worker, and he's improving all the time. Almost as important is that he's part of a family with historic links to the NWA and its titles, he's a big name known to a lot of people because of his time in WWE, and he's coming off the back of an incredibly successful indy event. He's way more marketable than Aldis, who has a great look, a modicum of promo ability but nowhere near as much as he thinks he has, and who hasn't, as far as I can remember, ever had a main-event-quality match without someone else carrying him.

• 2 weeks later...

The next big nwa show has been announced January 5th in Clarksville TN James storm will be challenging for the NWA world heavyweight title 

I am hoping to go to this as I’m already in Nashville for homecoming this is the night before we get to Nashville the morning of the nwa show so we are going to look into the logistics of getting to clarksville and back