NWA is the best.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I loved every minute of that. Loved the presentation, the quick matches, the build to the main event, commentary. I was creased at Austin Idol’s Wrestling School and that theme song and the Breakfast Club style ending were superb. 

• Moderators

Was a great show. Easily the best TV I've seen in a while. Dumped on WWE and AEW. It's amazing how fresh a studio set up feels. Should be on TV proper. ITV wouldn't deserve them but I'd hope they get decent carriage in the states at some point if the future shows as as good. 

Also - I fucking love Tim Storm.  Such a great babyface. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

What an easy hour's watch that was. I loved the swift matches, which were perfectly adequate, and the continual storyline build. Definitely my kind of product tbh and the sort of thing I've been craving for a while now.

I know everyone shat on the NWA when Tim Storm won the title as a 50+ year old, but they have made a great job of putting him over.

Reckon I'm in the minority here but always been an Eli Drake fan and felt that he fit right in. Nothing at all wrong with an old school presentation meshing present day wrestlers.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Doing a show like this, there is a very fine line between pulling off a modern spin on a classic format and coming off as a parody. I thought for the most part they got it right.

The best bits were in the ring. They really understood the need to work differently to what everyone else is doing. The guys generally came across bigger, wider and older and worked differently to most of the mainstream. A few people climbed the ropes but it was generally slower and more grounded. I loved that.

The make up of the matches, with most being showcases, was very clever. The show never dragged at all.

The set was authentic. The hard camera angle was one of the few things I didn't love but the rest was good. They didn't ignore the crowd and bounced off it at times. The constant references to Georgia Championship Wrestling were understandable but need dropping eventually or they'll feel like they're patting themselves on the back. 

I'm a promo guy but that was were I thought this crossed into parody occasionally. Aldis's opening promo was so completely inauthentic. The irony is Jim Cornette talking about cosplaying on commentary while Aldis is being Ric Flair for Halloween. As much as I don't like him, Eli Drake's was much better. Felt like he was himself at least. Tim Storm's lacked focus and wandered all over. Didn't quite hit. James Storm's was well delivered. I enjoyed that little chaotic angle.

Commentary was good. No one ever said Cornette wasn't great at it and he proved it again. Galli was good too.

Overall, big thumbs up. Looking forward to next week. Wish it wasn't Aldis on top though.

Edited by tiger_rick