Wrestlemania 34

The Phenomenal One

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’m sure Nakamura’s first TV match was on an Axxess show as well. Bit of a comedown from his Takeover debut if I remember correctly because he barely got any reaction.

Yea you’re right, against Buddy Murphy I believe. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Dart said:

Last paragraph, all false.

They recorded an episode or two of NXT at Mania 31 Axxess though.

It was 2 years ago I was thinking of, time flies.

Episodes 330, 331 & & 332 all matches taped in Dallas, presuming at Axxess? Looks like it, small hall, non-standard set up? 

6 hours ago, Winston said:

Well deserved spot for The Uso's, hope they tear it up.

The Battle Royals are nothing but filler for the wrestlers with nothing to do and belong on the pre-show.

You'd have thought it would've been one or the other. The main thing with the Women's one is just the tensions with Bayley and Sasha Banks that will be the only thing going for it and it's got to be when Bayley has enough and throws her out after Elimination Chamber and the Rumble. Maybe Sasha goes back in and throws her out to even things out to set up their eventual match. We'll see.

I'm starting to think that Cena and Taker won't have a match at Mania. Just some kind of altercation or something. It's very odd for them to be leaving such a big match, especially a dream match that has never happened before, up in the air until the night of the show. You'd think they'd have been advertising this match as a big selling point of the show and have it set in stone weeks ago.

Something is off about it. They're going about it in a very strange way for them. Maybe Taker isn't in good enough shape to wrestle and only discovered when it was too late. Maybe they just don't want to spoil the potential American Bad Ass reveal. Most likely though, I'm talking bollocks and looking into it too much.

• Paid Members

Aye. I typed in the Raw thread that my first thought was Taker's body just can't do a 20 minute "dream match", so this is a work around, with Taker doing an entrance and a couple of signature moves, or a quick 5/10 minute effort. That way they reduce the disappointment of the match not living up to the hype. It would be rubbish if they did promise them having a proper scrap and it's over in no time because Taker's body is battered.

I hope I'm wrong, of course, because it's such a waste of Cena, not having him doing a proper match. Taker is at his best when used sparingly in the build anyway.

If it is a case of Taker not being able to do a 20 minute match now then the question has to be asked why bother?

The way he ended Wrestlemania last year was as near perfect send off as he can get without him going full on out of character or going the complete opposite and leaving in some ultra spooky lightning/Druids type exit. 

He has had enough Mania moments that just turning up and having one more isn't needed in any way.

I'm sure it will be a cool spectacle but if Taker is that broken down that doing a match is out the question then I just think its best just leaving him off this year in what is a stacked card already.

Maybe they are just trying something different. They have done the Undertaker appears a few months before Mania so many times now that its almost expected and not as fun.

I guess they are trying to do something different in waiting to see if The Undertaker shows up this time (which makes sense after how he walked away last year). I am guessing the match will still go ahead in some capacity, albeit with a big pop when Taker shows up on Sunday. It's good to see them do something a bit different. 

• Paid Members

Surely if The Rock is turning up, it needs to be interrupting Elias for an impromptu Rock Concert?

I've been wondering if Taker is so knackered that he needs another year before he's fully ring-ready. Wouldn't surprise me if there is a Cena/Undertaker altercation on the night setting up a match for Mania 35.

It's good to see them testing the waters for the franchise player not being around much anymore.

When was the last time WWE had their top superstar available and did not advertise him for a match at WrestleMania?

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, FUM said:

When was the last time WWE had their top superstar available and did not advertise him for a match at WrestleMania?

WrestleMania 30, brother.

I suggested that they use this to build the match for next year a month or so back, and it was suggested that they'd never leave a fit John Cena off the Wrestlemania card (or at least not have him booked in a match).  They've pulled away from being able to have him try and interfere in a match, starting a heel turn and having Taker make the save, but still think a year-long build would be able to do the match justice.

But, my guess would be that Cena will involve himself in whatever Kid Rock gets to do, which sees Taker come out for a five minute impromptu spot-fest between the two of them, with Taker to win.  Next night, Cena says something along the lines of doing it properly, and we get a build for next year that doesn't require either of them to be around full time!

I've seen the year build mentioned a few times now. With the card this stacked I wouldn't be as disappointed in this as usual and it gives Taker an extra bit of time. Cena likely won't be around week in, week out either so it won't be that difficult to keep him away from other main feuds.

Archived